Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NEW Tuner *EDC15* Fabia VRS - Be Gentle!  (Read 2189 times)
BigBow

« on: September 08, 2017, 03:53:39 PM »

Hey,

So I have been watching videos and reading about EDC15 for about 6 months ish now, I stumbled across this forum when looking for advice on mapping my car to take advantage of the new upgraded parts etc...

I don't normally join forums but the subject mater is of a great interest to me and I deduced this would be the best place not only to learn but to give back what I have picked up along the way and what I'm sure I will learn being part of this forum.

The tuning bug hit me when I realised the extra hidden power of the TDI engines that could be gained with ECU flashing, I started with a generic map but soon added a Hybrid turbo which meant the generic was no longer an option if I wanted things to be more how they should be. A custom map is my goal, I may get to a point were I have to pay someone for their skills to look over what I have done or maybe there will be things I can not achieve nor understand, however I really want to be a part of the creation of this custom map and learn as much as possible. I have learnt very recently (the hard way) after upgrading my brakes and bleeding 2 litres of dot 5.1 combined from all of the callipers that Brake servicing MUST be done with VCDS if you want a decent firm pedal that doesn't travel! I research and researched and managed to learn how to do the ABS bleed in VCDS enabling me to get rid of what looked like years worth of old fluid from the ABS pump (which is shared from the brake master cylinder) also the Clutch uses this so a clutch bleed is needed as well if you want to do things 100% and know you have clean fluid throughout the systems.

Anyway I hope I haven't rambled too much but hope this puts across the message that I am here to learn and share!

My current setup with all works carried out by myself, It gets an oil drop every 8,000 miles or less.

Fabia VRS 1.9 PD

Hybrid PD170 Turbo
Airtec FMIC
Pro Hose Full Silicone pipework
Pipercross Panel Filter
Allard EGR Delete
Elephant Mod
Boost Gauge
De-cat
Backbox replaced with ProBomb Muffler
Cobra Tip
312mm ATE front brakes
Goodridge Braided Hoses
Bilstein Red shocks all round
Apex -35mm Springs all round
17" Octavia Spider alloys

My Current map is a Generic one with 180BHP and EGR off, the only difference I can tell after all the modifications is I have lost the low down torque a smaller tube gives due to the quicker spool up, however the new Hybrid pulls harder from 2,750rpm and holds this until 4,500rpm. One thing I did notice was a small drop in back pressure after removing the CAT as the boost gauge at idle sits slightly lower than before at -2psi rather than zero and at full boost I am getting 28psi instead of the 30psi I was getting before. Can this be rectified in a MAP? My first thoughts were boost pressure at idle but then realised quickly that must be madness as prior to the CAT removal boost pressure was Zero so to increase this at idle from -2psi to zero would mean the turbo getting 2psi at idle and that just sounds wrong!

Please excuse my knowledge in the area above but any help / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Fabia VRS 1.9 PD

Hybrid PD170 Turbo
Airtec FMIC
Pro Hose Full Silicone pipework
SMF
Uprated Clutch 500nm
Pipercross Panel Filter
Allard EGR Delete
Elephant Mod
Boost Gauge