Tuning the ME1.5.5 , opel z20let version ecu

<< < (5/6) > >>

Robson:
ah ok sorry , my bad . thanks for clearing that up for me at least

i would love to be able to buy a full version from them with relevant plugins - would make things a lot more easy . untill im a company i guess ill remain in the dark untill i learn this stuff

thanks again for clearing the above up though mate

B234R:
Well, the price for WinOLS and plugins etc. is clearly aimed at professional users.

If you want to just tune your own car, get the demo and try to learn with that.
Powerful features like connecting two dump windows/compare function are also available in the demo, so you just need to figure out a way so safe your files. Some people copy and paste changes into a hexviewer. Another way would be to use the demo just for finding/comparing maps and do the rest in Tunerpro or similiar software. Depends on your taste and what you find convenient to work with.

ME1.5.5 can be read and flashed with most major OBD-2 tools. (And even with cheap copies of them. Although I don't use clones and have no exp. with them)
Most tools will do the checksums automatically during the write process or offer a checksum correction function, so I think you're better off with a decent tool before buying WinOLS+plugins.

Good luck!

Robson:
I would agree that winols full + plugins is deffo aimed at the pro's . Incredibly expensive for the hobbyist but a very powerful worth while tool for the pro .
I have had the demo version for a few months , slowly going through my files comparing them as you say . Also pulling changed portions out and renaming them to something i am more familiar with .
I am now at the stage where i can copy paste items back and fourth to get said items saved as .bin files .

could you recommend a decent OBD-2 flash tool that would do the correction and be relatively safe to use ( i have a clone at the moment but dont trust it ) ??

B234R- does this suggest you are a SAAB man ?
thanks once again you are most helpful

Robson:
so the ultima checksum calc seems to work pretty well on all the files i have ,
seemingly the galletto clone i have does change the checksums to be correct although i still dont trust .
i messed with a file a little , loaded it onto yet another spare ecu , then downloaded it with the sum corrected ,
i then ran the same file through ulitma and it corrected 3 checksums .
i then compared the two files in the hex editor and both came back bang on the same . the car started fine and all seems well

my next challenge is to try and recover my first bricked ecu (prob poor connection or voltage) and then i may actually be able to get this thread on track .

so far the pointers i have had on here have been a massive help - feel free to correct me if im off / getting over confident with anything as i still consider myself a noob

10hrs solid logged in , bedtime i think

Robson:
managed to get my bench flash setup made this afternoon , a little junkyard style but seems to work to some extent

the galletto software will read the ECU data ok but will not read the file or load the standard .bin back on
after 82 seconds it times out and gives me this in the status bar
seed key errore SK 1: -5

not looking promising , can anyone shed any light on this error?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page