Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Timing advancing past KFZW/KFZW2  (Read 5055 times)
HelperD

« on: September 13, 2017, 09:58:12 PM »

Hi,

Had some time on the rolling road today.  I couldn't help but notice in my logs that timing would advance past requested timing in KFZW/KFZW2. This is a 4th gear pull on a rolling road.  Yes, I know AFR needs to be tweaked.  Just wondering why my ignition timing angle is moving past it's limit.  I was under the impression, from my reading, that KFZWOP does not play a factor in moving timing forward past the traditional two maps listed above.  The car is performing well just noticing dips in the power band (on the dyno sheet, strangely enough not noticeable when driving), also a noticeable timing pull which I believe is a result of afr leaning out a tad.  This has been rectified through FKKVS but still have a bit of work to do.

If anyone can give me a concrete answer as to why timing is advancing past the two maps listed above that would be awesome!

I will attach my log as well as the dyno sheet.

Sincerely,

D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:03:38 PM by HelperD » Logged
THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:48:29 PM »

KFZW is modified by the delta ignition timing map for air temperature as well as the timing map for AFR, can't remember the map names offhand.
gman86

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 02:34:58 AM »

KFZW is modified by the delta ignition timing map for air temperature as well as the timing map for AFR, can't remember the map names offhand.

KFZWWLNM
HelperD

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 03:26:20 PM »

Thank you for that!

Any pointers at a map that would lean out the fuel mixture in the presence of timing pull? Before I adjust FKKVS at WOT to compensate for a lean mixture I would like to know if any of you have input on this Smiley

D
THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 10:09:38 PM »

Thank you for that!

Any pointers at a map that would lean out the fuel mixture in the presence of timing pull? Before I adjust FKKVS at WOT to compensate for a lean mixture I would like to know if any of you have input on this Smiley

D
That's the opposite of what you would want. Search the forum for the discussion on KFLAMKR and KFLAMKRL which enriches the mixture based on timing pull.
4ringpieces

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 01:57:02 PM »

Smells like torque intervention
HelperD

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »

KFZWWLNM came in handy! WOT throttle fueling has been marginally corrected by FKKVS.  Very happy with the results so far, will update you all on next dyno day Smiley
HelperD

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 11:11:16 PM »

Just a quick update on this.

Noticing in logs on the street I have steady timing through the entire pull. Second I strap it to the dyno with 5% load the timing oscillations seem to kick in which are pretty evident in the chart. I have been doing some more research on armd and how to disable it so I will try what the wiki has suggested. Will be using the RS4 MDARO map and flatlining the last row at 50.
HelperD

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 09:31:03 PM »

What I mentioned earlier rectified all dips in the powerband/issues with out to lunch timing oscillations Smiley

D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: