Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immob 3 help in spare ecu  (Read 9039 times)
marcello7x

« on: December 29, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »

So long story short, when i didn't know any better i bought an ecu that had a giac x+ flash on it. I had it adapted at the dealership and then the giac coded immob kicked in.

Then i tried to adapt the original vin back into the ecu, and delete the vw immob.

Fast forward to now, i want to tune my own file. I want to keep my stock ecu untouched[other than pulling file] then tune that file and place it on the spare ecu.

I left off with the 95040 still desoldered, and i pulled the file that on it. My first question is, did i delete the immob correctly? Secondly, does it matter what vin number is in there?

Thanks in advance. Any information is welcome, i rather learn than simply be told what to do.

The mypullimmob is what is on the eeprom currently, the mydump.jpg is a pic i had saved that is the original file that was on it, and the vin switched over[i think]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:39:42 PM by marcello7x » Logged
SundayNightDriver

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »

This is immo3 so the VIN does get checked.
In your dump, the immo is still enabled. Increment bytes at 12h and 22h by one, decrement CRC bytes at 1e and 2e.
marcello7x

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »

This is immo3 so the VIN does get checked.
In your dump, the immo is still enabled. Increment bytes at 12h and 22h by one, decrement CRC bytes at 1e and 2e.

So with the incorrect vin but immo3 disabled will I have any issues?
SundayNightDriver

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »

Not with the ECU. The instrument cluster however will keep displaying a blinking key symbol or some other nuisance of that sort. And I'm not sure if functions connected to the key ID will work (saving memory seat positions + climatronic settings etc).
marcello7x

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »

Not worried for now I just want to test out the spare ecu.

New edits, did it with a free android hex editor so let me know if it saved correctly.
SundayNightDriver

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:27 AM »

Yes, looks good.
marcello7x

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »

thanks, going to throw it in the car and see today at lunch.
marcello7x

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »

had a great time testing, it was so cold my windshield wiper arms were brittle and one snapped inhalf in my hand! Anyways, i didn't see an immob light and the car would crank and crank by not start. Same issue i had before. Im sure its the Giac coding stopping the start up since the eeprom is original to the tune that was programmed to it. Waiting on my kkl wire to come in the mail now to pull my stock file, and start learning!
SundayNightDriver

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 06:06:31 AM »

When the immo kicks in, you'll have a "control unit blocked by immobilizer" error recorded, and the engine will start but stall after a second (because the fuel pump stops working).
If it's not starting at all, something is amiss indeed..
kenmac

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:01 AM »

GIAC has built in RSA encryption which is specifically hashed by the 95040 content. Changing the 95040 effectively activates giac's intellectual property protection. This prevents people from dumping the flash and writing it to another vehicle. You'll need the 95040 to remain identical to when the file was produced by giac. I went through the same thing and ended up abondoning the GIAC tune altogether and tuned my own from scratch. You can always flash it back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: