Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maf Values at high load  (Read 2814 times)
streacy

« on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »

Hi
I recently switched from standard MAF housing to 85mm due to high readings on smaller maf housing size. I rescaled maf using the mafadjust application it seem to work perfectly. Pulling great. Getting 1.8-2 g/s on idle and 10g/s at 2500rpm but when i go wot im still getting 294g/s at high rpm. Is my maf on the way out or did i scale it wrong.

Also not sure if this affects values but changed krkte for 317cc injectors at 4 bar instead of 3. car is pulling well just maf values look very high.

Please see attached log file with maf g/s and maf voltage on two or three pulls.
Attached is also my bin file

Also engine is 1.8t Aum with K03s Hybrid (k04-023 compressor)
All comments welcome looking for any advice
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:50:41 PM by streacy » Logged
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 01:21:01 AM »

Most of the time a failing maf sensor will read low. Your readings are way too high, so you might have made an error with the scaling. Also, you are running small injectors and afr is still following requested, so airflow must be low. You need to log ignition retard and injection times as well to have any insight in how much headroom you have left.
Also, I would check for boost leaks because I feel you have to run a lot of dutycycle to achieve kind of low boost pressure. This can also contribute to higher maf readings, but not as high as you are showing.
so;
add injector times, ignition, ignition retard, load requested and actual to your log file
check scaling of maf
check for boost leaks.

streacy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:01:17 PM »

Thanks for the reply, i have now done the following:

Rescaled MAF again and used different diameter figures and is giving me lower readings on pulls. Gave the maf a clean too at the same time and seems to be running smoother too. Boost leak check done and could not find anything irregular.

Will do another log now with injector times, ignition, ignition retard and load requested/actual.

Thanks again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: