Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How me7.5 launch control works?  (Read 4663 times)
A.Dutsov

« on: October 22, 2017, 12:13:51 PM »

What i want to know is, does it build boost, or just bangs? Is it opening the throttle to allow more air? Sorry but search didnt found the answer ...
KasperH

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 04:31:49 PM »

yes it builds all the boost you want, but will eat your stock clutch in 4-5 launches Smiley
dilly

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 06:22:40 PM »

yes it builds all the boost you want, but will eat your stock clutch in 4-5 launches Smiley
i'd say soft launch instead of dumping the clutch and maybe it will last a few more launches lol

i have never actually witnessed anyone launch via 2 step before. i think having it is more on the showoff side rather than performance. that is unless you actually use it at a track day or AutoX events etc. to help your times
Pasteurised

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:15:26 AM »

Ive used the softcut launch control multiple times to launch and it works great if you slip the clutch.
I used hardcut launch control once, blew a hold in my backbox and broke my MAF haha
KasperH

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:43:42 AM »

I've launched mine on full throttle 2 step a handful of times  Tongue
Cooked my clutch, broke a selector fork and creamed the stock wishbone bushings  Cheesy
It works but it's extremely hard on stock hardware Smiley
prj

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 04:50:43 AM »

Slipping the clutch is much much worse than dumping it. When you dump it, the stored energy in the flywheel immediately gets transferred to the wheels breaking traction.
Otherwise the clutch, gearbox etc take the worst of it.

But yeah if you are driving an old beater, maybe not the best idea to try launch control.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: