Pages: [1]
Author Topic: me3.8.3 Acceleration/deceleration enrichment  (Read 6686 times)
Dropout

« on: March 02, 2017, 04:57:35 AM »

Recently I moved to an 80mm ID maf and 627cc/min bosch injectors and decided to start remapping again from the original file so I can calibrate the injectors and MAF (MLHFM,FGAT0,TVUB etc.), before I begin scaling the load (KHFM). Car runs great (~14.7 idle/crusing, 11.5 WOT) apart from being very rich on throttle tip in/tip out, mixtures go to 10:1 for a moment (PLX wideband). I've look over the file and it seems that the enrichment tables  KFBAKL/FBAWN - acceleration enrichment, KFVAKL/FVAWN - deceleration enrichment. I'm I right to assume that lowering the values in this tables will lower the enrichment on throttle tipin/tip out ?

Thanks.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:40:57 AM »

Does this happen when changing gears?  Have you changed the diverter valve?
May be you get disturbance from DV when you changes gears.  I think that could be solved with calibrating the MAF sensor map.. But im not sure.. just a thought.

E85oholic
Dropout

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »

It happens even on idle if just blipping the throttle, I've decrease the value in the mentioned tables above and the mixture now doesn't go so rich. I'll check the dump valve (it's recirculating), but with the other injectors and maf I didn't have this issue. What puzzles me that in may opinion, with the right calibration of the injectors (TVUB and FGAT0) I should not be seeing this issue.

P.P. Fuel trims are in the 6-7% range.
overspeed

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 06:46:39 AM »

KFBAKL/FBAWN -  KFVAKL/FVAWN are wall wetting maps, if you change injector angle spray you shall touch these.

unplug MAF and work in KFWTL too
Dropout

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 11:05:06 PM »

Thanks overspeed, I'll try that. One more question on  KFVAKL/FVAWN , for less fuel do you increase or decrease the values ?
eliotroyano

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 07:07:45 AM »

I think that wall wetting and acceleration / deceleration maps are like this:
KFBAKL - acceleration enrichment.
KFVAKL - deceleration enrichment.
FBAWN/FBAWN - wall wetting on enrichment.
All are factor maps. Then Lower value --> Less effect.
Also FGAT0 affects some maps for fuel injection calculation but for this maps (hardware related) I think that NOT. It all depends in injectors properties itself
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:34:37 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
Dropout

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 01:00:07 AM »

eliotroyano , yes I think your right. I started decreasing the values and the now the car on acceleration/deceleration is not so rich any more. About the maps, I think KFBAKL/KFVAKL are enrichment/enleanment factors and FBAWN/FVAWN are wall wetting .
Placebo

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 07:49:55 AM »

Resurrecting this since I am running m5.92 with E85 and having trouble going overly rich for a moment (AFR 10ish) when I let off the throttle before it goes to 20 something.  Playing with it to see if I can get a better tip out behavior.

Tried raising values in the enleanment map KFVAKL by about 20% and could not see a difference.  Not sure if I should raise or lower these values to fix going overly rich but since its an enleanment factor, seems like I should increase the values to go more lean.  Is this correct?

Should I play with the FVAWN map?.   Stock values for this map in my bin are all zero over the whole RPM range.  Thinking about setting these all to 1.0 to see the effect but this would be a stab in the dark.
Adrianb

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 10:02:56 PM »

you need to lowering values on KFVAKL for fix rich mixture when throttle close
prj

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 01:59:34 AM »

If you are letting go of the throttle fully, then there is injection cutoff and obviously it's gonna show full lean.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Placebo

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 06:24:28 AM »

Thanks for helping.  Think I may have been moving the values up when should be moving down (decreasing).  Will log and see if correct.
Placebo

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »

Well.  Think I was correct the first time.  Reduced the values in the kfvakl map by 30% and noticed it was going very rich on tip out .  Increased the values by 30% and it is much better, can still drop into the 12s but really have to try for this to happen.

So for posterity, I think increasing the values in the kfvakl map mean less fuel on tip out for the m5.92 bins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: