Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CWNLKO - setting bits correctly  (Read 1769 times)
drbluetongue

« on: November 01, 2020, 09:48:36 PM »

Hi there,

I'm trying to re-enable stratified operation on my Golf 5 1.6 FSI with all emissions removed.

I came across this section in the FR, and wanted to change the bit so it is still enabled with no catalysts.

I'm quite confused actually - it says there are 10 bits in the FR, but its a single hex value F7 for CWNLKO.... Shouldn't there be only 8 bits....? Location of value is 0x1D473A

See attached bin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is recommended to set the bits of the code word CWNLKO as follows:
Bit0 = true
The HOM request with B_ehfm = true is necessary for the data for the air mass monitoring. Therefore, it may be necessary to consult the application of the
Monitoring required. If the HFM error is also fed in via an EGR prohibition, the HOM request may be made via two paths. The recommendation is
therefore CWNLKO.Bit0 = true.
Bit1 = true
The HOM or HSP request with B_edss = true is necessary for the data for the air mass monitoring. Therefore, it may be necessary to consult the application here
monitoring required. If the DSS error is also fed in via an EGR prohibition, the HOM request may be made via two paths. The recommendation
is therefore CWNLKO.Bit1 = true.
Bit2 = false
The HOM or HSP request in the event of an error in the pedal encoder is not absolutely necessary (hence the recommendation CWNLKO.Bit2 = false). You can at
Customer request for a uniform error reaction can be set by CWNLKO.Bit2 = true
Bit3 = true
The HOM or HSP requirement in the event of a fault in the lambda probe behind the catalytic converter is recommended, i.e. CWNLKO.Bit3 = true. This reaction can, however, be caused by CWNLKO.
Bit3 = false can be deactivated.
Bit4 = false
The HOM or HSP requirement in the case of a sufficient number of misfires in SCH is not absolutely necessary, since a treatment is already carried out in the misfire detection,
i.e. CWNLKO.Bit4 = false. If requested by the customer, the operating mode HOM or HSP can be requested by CWNLKO.Bit4 = true after misfires are detected in shift operation
or the operating mode SCH can be forbidden (depending on CWNLKO.Bit8). The maximum number of dropouts in shift operation must be smaller than the general one
Limit of% DMDMIL.
Bit5 = true
The HOM or HSP requirement in the event of a fault in the NOx catalytic converter is recommended, i.e. CWNLKO.Bit5 = true. However, this reaction can be caused by CWNLKO.
Bit5 = false can be deactivated.

Bit6 = true
If the EGR diagnosis completely closes the DK for its adjustment, this can lead to incorrect response of the monitoring. Depending on the project, HOM or
Set HSP request, i.e. CWNLKO.Bit6 = true.
Bit7 = true
The query of the completed thrust adjustment of the LSU for the release of HMM is strongly recommended CWNLKO.Bit7 = true. The release is only allowed for the purpose
the HMM release on the test stand by CWNLKO.Bit7 = false can be ignored! This query is absolutely necessary for series approval, otherwise it exists
the risk of dropouts in HMM operation.
Bit8 = false
If CWNLKO.Bit4 = true, a SCH prohibition is set with CWNLKO.Bit8 = false if the maximum permissible number of interruptions in shift operation is exceeded.
With CWNLKO.Bit8 = true, a HOM / HSP bid is set in this case.
Bit9 = false
If CWNLKO.Bit9 = false, the shift operation is permanently blocked in the event of repeated temporary shift prohibitions (cmisschvt> MISSVTMX). Via CWNLKO.Bit8
specified whether a SCH prohibition or an HOM / HSP requirement is set
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: