Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newbie needing help with cluster swap  (Read 3004 times)
neilneddy

« on: November 05, 2017, 08:11:24 AM »

Hi All

I am swapping out a red cluster on Audi A4 b6 1.8t for a colour one from the same year on an s4. I have pin code for my cluster, i retrieved code for new cluster although this didn't work correctly in vcds, the code allowed me to log in but then threw me out of vcds.

I have since copied the cluster dump from old to new and still cant adapt keys from there to get car to start although vin and immo id now match but also gave me def error. After some help as now struggling, I have attached dump from original cluster, new cluster and amended dump for new cluster hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers Neil
316LV

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:08:01 PM »

Well if VCDS kicked you out, it didn't work properly hence the DEF error.

What s/w did you use the get the SKC out of the S4 cluster? VAG EEPROM programmer 1.19 is supposed to work the best (although still a bit buggy for some). Try following Cshuster's DIY on Audizine:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/658776-Color-DIS-S4-cluster-into-red-DIS-car?p=11451530&viewfull=1#post11451530

That is the best I can do sorry. Never done the swap personally. I'm in Canuckistan and S4 clusters in kilometers are hard to find for reasonable prices...

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
macxxx

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 01:32:29 AM »

You can't just copy the dump....if you haven't  save the original one read corectly then you have a big problem

As I remember the only way to use a S4 cluster od to turn off immo , you wont adapt IT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: