Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom map for Meth switching  (Read 4671 times)
carsey

« on: November 08, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »

Hi all

I had a crazy idea of using the ME7.5 ECU to switch on/off my meth pump, via a relay of course.

I thought of having a map that would look at the MAP sensor inputs in mbar, with a axis scaled appropriately.   Thought have having RPM as a axis aswell, with the appropriate values as the map to output to a spare N249/N112 sensor to be the output to trigger the relay.  Could make this a 6x6 map with every Y axis scaled at 4psi from 0-25 to make it a 6x6map or 12x12map with every 2psi to theme in with the RPM axis length.

So what im thinking is a map that a user/myself could define to give exact control of what boost pressure and rpm the meth comes on.   A bit like the cam switching map KFNWSE in terms of application.

Is there anyone that has any thoughts/feedback to this or whether its worth getting someone to code something up as an additional function.

I did think maybe could tweak the maps thats been mentioned in the Electronic dump valve post on here where dump valve is controlled electronically, but might be a bit too much to re-work.

Chris
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 03:33:27 PM »

im using this for a years

pump directly connected to SAI pump plug. Its more than enought to meth pump. Factory relay, 40A fuse. Brilliant

simple routine checks a few conditions and power up pump when they meets :

-current map = 3 in my multimap routine
-no safe signal comes from fluid low level sensor
-load > 150%
-rpm > 3000

carsey

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »

Sounds similar to what I’m trying to achieve,  just different conditions to meet.

Shame I don’t have a idea on how to write the code I want Sad
adam-

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 04:41:58 AM »

I still think the electronic recirc is the best method.  Has the scale and axis you want.

N249 won't have the current capability to drive the pump, so use a MOSFET or a relay.  Pretty simple.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 12:32:06 PM »

I still think the electronic recirc is the best method.  Has the scale and axis you want.

N249 won't have the current capability to drive the pump, so use a MOSFET or a relay.  Pretty simple.
There is no failsafe to set back your timing maps or reduce boost when the meth is not working. It may work, but it is far from ideal... The way fukenbroken describes is much better, just not as plug n play for most...

adam-

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 01:24:43 AM »

Or have a level sensor that when it trips it'll drop a resistor over the AIT sensor and drive it high, timing via AIT.  Also terribly pikey.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: