Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adaptation channels in ME9/17?  (Read 4888 times)
SundayNightDriver

« on: January 02, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

I sometimes think about switching from my A8 4D to the 4E variant (2006, with 4.2 FSI engine) in the future. Now the problem is that I don't think I want a car that is artificially limited to 256 km/h, but neither do I want to give a tuner big bucks for changing a few bytes.

I recently came across an EEPROM dump of a 2005 A6 FSI, and it was very similar to a 7.1 EEPROM. Page size has doubled, CRC algo seems to be the same. The exact same adaptation channel values can be found, along with a copy.
I read that newer ME9s as well as ME17s don't even have a serial EEPROM anymore. So, does anyone know more about this? Of course we're willing to spend a buck or two on our cars, but the price has to be reasonable..
thom337

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »

They still have a serial EEPROM (at least MED9.1 does). You can program/reprogram it with a SOIC clip or use BDM. I think some of the newer ($$$) versions of VAG-Commander may be able to read/write over OBD, but I haven't tried it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: