Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Temperature issue on the instrument cluster  (Read 2479 times)
GatisGirdenis

« on: November 11, 2017, 01:26:59 PM »

Hello,

I have a problem that the cluster wont show the coolant temperature, but it does show the correct value in VCDS using measuring blocks.
When reading fault codes the cluster shows something along the lines of 'coolant temperature currently not accessible' (can't give the exact code, as my dumb arse forgot to take it and the car is not quite near).

I reckon I have to adapt the cluster to the ecm via channel 50, but i am not exactly sure how to do it in my scenario. My scenario being - random ecm from ebay, random cluster from my local scrapper, no previous ecm and cluster, because I swapped in a whole new engine.

Also the ecm shows failed communication with TCU and Air Bag module, is there anything I can do about those aswell? I can access the Air Bag module on its own.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:32:49 PM by GatisGirdenis » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 03:07:38 PM »

IIRC most have two sensors (G2 and G62) one is ecu the other is cluster. don't recall which is which.

If not, the ECU usually sends the temp to the cluster via kline or CAN

Since you are having other issues communicating with the TCU and Airbags, I'd say your kline or CAN bus are screwed up somehow (if your car only has one temp sensor)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:09:39 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
GatisGirdenis

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:44:10 AM »

IIRC most have two sensors (G2 and G62) one is ecu the other is cluster. don't recall which is which.

If not, the ECU usually sends the temp to the cluster via kline or CAN

Since you are having other issues communicating with the TCU and Airbags, I'd say your kline or CAN bus are screwed up somehow (if your car only has one temp sensor)

The one connected to the ecu was easy to find using wiring diagrams, but I cant really find the one going to the cluster. I do have two sensors, one fat and short (brown), the other thin and long (black) on the sensing side (i'm not 100% sure which is meant for which, but pretty sure that the black one is for ECM)

I had to go from, IMMO2, possibly even IMMO1, car to IMMO3 so the whole interior harness had to be cut up, so I might've missed something, but as far as the engine wiring diagram goes, I couldn't find where to wire the second sensor.

Also, I would think that there would be issues communicating with the TCU (if I got it right, that' Transmission Control Unit?), because it's a manaul car now and there is none, I remember reading something somewhere about how you can disable it (I THINK it had something to do with ECM and cluster not being paired), hoped would get rough directions  Grin If not, I'll look around when I get more time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:47:48 AM by GatisGirdenis » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: