Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8T BT ps_w limit  (Read 4004 times)
BoobieTrap

« on: November 13, 2017, 05:09:23 AM »

Currently running 1.8T TT quattro with GTX3076R setup with forged rods. Current wideband tune (018H ECU) is happy at 20-22psi, mild knock corrections and ps_w follows boost curve pretty closely.
I'd like to push the boost further (up to 30psi eventually), which means I need to downscale KFKHFM and upscale KFLF. (I have looked into 5120 hack but could not find many of the maps mentioned so for now put it to side)

I have modified the x and y axes to match in the high load areas for both tables and am trying to understand how to correctly adjust them.
Will the attached work correctly as an initial pass or have I misunderstood it?
prj

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:20:48 AM »

For 30 psi this is probably not usable, too much difference.
And you still will have issues with boost control.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
BoobieTrap

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:30:23 AM »

Sorry, what do you mean by too much difference?
I'm not planning on going straight to 30psi, but gradually increasing it until some other issue/limiting factors comes into play (I am also monitoring AFR & EGTs via dash gauges with an audible alarm when it passes 900C)

Am I on the right path in my approach to modifying these maps to start increasing boost gradually? Would these modified tables be safe to try out at current boost level?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:37:10 AM »

you should go open loop boost control then (wiki covers it)
with irl/iop/zw etc corrections to higher rl

whats the benefits of modifiing these 2?
BoobieTrap

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 05:39:31 AM »

you should go open loop boost control then (wiki covers it)
with irl/iop/zw etc corrections to higher rl

whats the benefits of modifiing these 2?

I am near the ps_w limit so any boost increase will hit the limit which will result in incorrect fueling. Changing these two tables should help me to overcome this.
prj

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »

Open loop boost control is a horrible idea, because when the turbo/header is hot it will produce much more boost at less DC than when it's cold.
Need to run MBC in parallel as failsafe at the very least, but you can still have issues up top.

Giant hack, not needed. Imo do it right or just fit standalone if you are unable to tune it properly.

Or buy a 5120 file. I have 018J done that will work just fine on your ECU, but I am not posting that stuff up on the forum for free, sorry.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: