Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First time full flash reading, car won't start, tried different ecu no start  (Read 5539 times)
Markd82

Hi, new to the forums and trying to learn to undo the bad coding to my ecu's. Respected tuners took advantage of me one by one, all 3 gave me more headaches than they were worth. I have 3 ecus, one stock, one stock with readiness monitors disabled, one custom tuned stage 3 specific to my car. The second and third both have readiness off, the "stock" is just stock. I flash read my stock ecu and the car wouldn't start, tried disconnecting battery for 10 min as suggested by ddillenger's post from who knows when. Still no start, ecu not recognized by vcds. I tried to start on the 2nd ECU and same problem. Any help or suggestions? I watched a video in which the guy turned ignition off the. On then off again. Is that a necessary step?
prj

You can not brick your stock ecu by reading it in any way, you did something else wrong.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=981.msg53893#msg53893

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Markd82

I appreciate that nyet has put a lot of effort and time into helping people understand tuning and modifying ecu's and changing values, etc. However, simply citing the same two "introductory" pages doesn't answer my question. I am not in any way trying to be negative but I've posted a question and no one has answered it. Lol it's kind of comical. I'm still looking into what went wrong, I was able to use argdubs tool to read the eeprom of the "stock" ECU but for some reason, no longer can read or write to any ECU using the bench harness I've made. I made a second one to rule out some wire or wiring and still no luck error code 21007 no matter what setting I make. I have 4 ecus now , one is definitely toast, one questionable, one from another car and one that is my original and tuned. When I read my factory ECU with argdubs tool I did not put it in boot mode and the software worked fine and gave me a full read. Now nothing.any ideas? Is it necessary to have the resistor on the ground wire? Is it also necessary to have the resistor on the immobilizer wire to power like I have seen?
vwaudiguy

I appreciate that nyet has put a lot of effort and time into helping people understand tuning and modifying ecu's and changing values, etc. However, simply citing the same two "introductory" pages doesn't answer my question. I am not in any way trying to be negative but I've posted a question and no one has answered it. Lol it's kind of comical. I'm still looking into what went wrong, I was able to use argdubs tool to read the eeprom of the "stock" ECU but for some reason, no longer can read or write to any ECU using the bench harness I've made. I made a second one to rule out some wire or wiring and still no luck error code 21007 no matter what setting I make. I have 4 ecus now , one is definitely toast, one questionable, one from another car and one that is my original and tuned. When I read my factory ECU with argdubs tool I did not put it in boot mode and the software worked fine and gave me a full read. Now nothing.any ideas? Is it necessary to have the resistor on the ground wire? Is it also necessary to have the resistor on the immobilizer wire to power like I have seen?

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm going to say you haven't received an answer, because your post lacks detail. I mean, you don't even mention what make the car is. Not to mention the..

- Ecu ID
- Tool(s) you're using
- How much experience you have

Also, nobody here is obligated to answer your question(s).  Smiley

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Markd82

2004 Audi a6 2.7t bel tiptronic , rs6 hybrid k04's (rs4 inlet, rs6 hotside), rs4 inlet pipes, 550cc injectors, 85mm intake,  injectors ad intake replaced to stock for emissions test issues. Bosch me7.1.1 ECU, very new to the ecu tuning world but have experience in bech testing electronics, computer software and hardware, jtagging Xbox 360's when that was "cool". I have some main questions, such as, do I need the 2 brown wires grounded together? Originally for me they were ad I had positive results, though I no longer do and all diagrams for making a diy bech harness do not reference the second ground except to explain that it is in fact a ground wire. I understand that o one is required to answer my questions but that being said, why would such a forum exist if no one cares about helping one another? I live in Massachusetts, people of knowledge in the subject are scarce if they do in fact exist, so I've turned to "the source" of resources and I don't feel as though anyone is readily sharing their knowledge after the initial"here's what you need to do" discussions. I do greatly appreciate the vast amount of time people have spent just putting the info out there but it's quite frustrating being in my situation.
vwaudiguy

How about faults codes on the ecu that won't start. Think that might be a good idea?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

- Ecu ID

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

I am not in any way trying to be negative but I've posted a question and no one has answered it. Lol it's kind of comical.

Seriously? Comical?

ECUx Plot

_nameless

2004 Audi a6 2.7t bel tiptronic , rs6 hybrid k04's (rs4 inlet, rs6 hotside), rs4 inlet pipes, 550cc injectors, 85mm intake,  injectors ad intake replaced to stock for emissions test issues. Bosch me7.1.1 ECU, very new to the ecu tuning world but have experience in bech testing electronics, computer software and hardware, jtagging Xbox 360's when that was "cool". I have some main questions, such as, do I need the 2 brown wires grounded together? Originally for me they were ad I had positive results, though I no longer do and all diagrams for making a diy bech harness do not reference the second ground except to explain that it is in fact a ground wire. I understand that o one is required to answer my questions but that being said, why would such a forum exist if no one cares about helping one another? I live in Massachusetts, people of knowledge in the subject are scarce if they do in fact exist, so I've turned to "the source" of resources and I don't feel as though anyone is readily sharing their knowledge after the initial"here's what you need to do" discussions. I do greatly appreciate the vast amount of time people have spent just putting the info out there but it's quite frustrating being in my situation.
This thread is a joke. OP,  Every single question you have asked is answered in the forum, including how to make a bench flash harness, how to set readiness, why your car wont start (known bug with me7.1.1 and some me7.5 ecus) and so on . Youre expecting someone to spoon feed you the info because youre too lazy to look around the forum.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:04:54 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
prj

This thread is a joke. OP,  Every single question you have asked is answered in the forum, including how to make a bench flash harness, how to set readiness, why your car wont start (known bug with me7.1.1 and some me7.5 ecus) and so on . Youre expecting someone to spoon feed you the info because youre too lazy to look around the forum.
Be careful, or this entitled brat might label you as "comical" as well, for not licking his anus on request.

@OP
Are you just plain retarded or do you need your eyesight checked? Nyet posted a link to a post which shows exactly what is wrong on your ECU, why it won't start and what you have to do to fix the issue.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:25:14 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: