Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MED9info tool (very basic version)  (Read 12252 times)
360trev

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 05:58:57 AM »

This is pretty awesome.  Care to share source code on how you were able to do this?

Oh sod it.. just spent 15 mins and built an 'equivalent' of this tool. Cannot be bothered to 'beg' people...

I will develop an MED9 disassembler soon and add it to the project so you can also see exactly what's going on with better understanding...

Git repo is here..
https://github.com/360trev/MED9inf.git

I've NOT added the code to walk the table and extract the variables. I've left that as an exercise for the reader so they can tax their brain cells a little. I have extracted the signatures from cake's tool and added them into the project so it should be cakewalk for someone to finish it now...

Enjoy

Trev
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 08:26:46 AM »

Oh sod it.. just spent 15 mins and built an 'equivalent' of this tool. Cannot be bothered to 'beg' people...

grin

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
360trev

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 01:41:52 PM »

If anyone wants the version which generates all the variables PM me and I will upload it...

I just thought it might be useful to start simple and then work up to doing that, a sort of challenge for those interested.

It basically just walks the tables in the ROM and extracts the addresses and size of the variables then adds labels to the ones we are interested in. One could easily make the variables a text file that's loaded in so it could be edited to extend it for all the ones yet to be labelled up. Looks like only a couple of hundred are labelled from a couple of thousand possible entries.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: