Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hazard light flashing after ECU immo off  (Read 3021 times)
metronet

« on: December 17, 2017, 12:23:01 AM »

Hi, I have a 2002 B6 A4 that's having issues with the RFID reader, the coil cylinder I believe.

Re-adapted both keys, immo off the ecu, car starts, hazard flashing immo light blinks.

pretty much the same issue as this:
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=8676.0

Question: is there a way to disable the immobilizer in the Cluster or tell it not to set off the hazard light (CAN Bus?) or the only option is to replace the RFID coil reader?

The code I am getting is:

Code:
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 920 900 L
  Component and/or Version: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. RB4 D36
           Software Coding: 03300

1 Fault Found:
01176 - Key
        07-00 - Signal too Low

I have tried re-adapt the key, ECU is immo off.

Thanks in advanced.

Colt45

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 08:35:05 AM »

It should theoretically be possible to disable immo on the cluster side, but I don't think anyone has figured it out for the Bosch RB4 encrypted clusters. So even with ECU immo off, cluster still has it's portion of immo on, and needs a matched key or it will blink hazards.

Has anyone dumped binary from the NEC microcontroller on these clusters? I wonder. Realistically it will probably be light years faster to just fix the coil, and program a new $1 transponder if you don't have matching one... Than to disassemble for ages to figure out what byte in eeprom, if there is one, disables immo.
metronet

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 09:24:05 AM »

Thanks for the info regarding the Bosch RB4 cluster.

That makes sense, I guess it's time to pay a visit to the dealer for a new pick-up coil.

Cheers! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: