Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VW 1.8T - ME7.5 - Maps and understanding the effect  (Read 13392 times)
tommyrollo02

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 06:20:16 AM »

Why are you asking questions when you have a mapper?

Fair question... I want to learn this for myself. I want to understand what the mapper has done and have a fair review of it. Judging by some of the responses I’ve had so far, it’s not been great :-(
JustGav

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 06:37:30 AM »

So much like TR2 said, it is a learning thing for me as well, having done a little bit of it on a different ECU it makes sense.  We are both IT bods with interest in cars, so why not understand Smiley To be fair, I've been going through the disassembled code from IDA as well to get an understanding of it.

So why not go back to the mapper? Well, first thing is first, understanding WHAT he has done and why... not because it is wrong (which it may or may not be), but to understand the impact each change makes, hence researching every single table that affects the injector sizing etc.  This is also the reason for asking others advice because this is a new ECU, so all help is grateful received even if it is a 'go read a thread on it'.

We spent a lot of sunday night taking the XDF and the csv mapping locations and doing language translations etc, just because it would make it easier.

TLDR; Research and understanding what the ME7.5 does and how it SHOULD be done properly

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2019, 07:38:01 AM »

Just to verify, the set up for this car is:

3" Bosch MAF
BBT K300 Turbo
Bosch 550cc Injectors
FMIC and 2.5" Boost Pipes
Badger5 Supersize TIP (the silly big one)
Had a GFB DV+ Re-circ, recently swapped to Stock to see if it makes a difference - it does not.
Running V-Power Fuel
Fresh Oil (Quantum 5w40 Fully Synthetic)
Fresh Plugs (NGK Platinum - PFR6Q)
Standard FPR, but has uprated fuel pump.
SAI Delete
N249 Delete

A bit of background
The mapper who was working on the car said that boost was all over the place when he was attempting to use the N75.
We have since found that the N75 was tubed into the Intake Manifold (Post Throttle Body) and instead we've re-routed it to Pre-Throttle body, running directly off one of the boost pipes.
He said fuelling was A-OK and that it wasn't a problem.

It's really weird, it looks like the car can acheive the power I wanted, but it isn't able to sustain it, or see an increase up to 6.5k rpm.

When doing 3rd/4th gear pulls - the car maintains boost all the way up to 7k RPM. Going by the boost gauge in the car, it'll run at 1.3/1.4 bar and gradually slope off to 1.1 bar by around 7k rpm.

N75 will not work properly if routed post-throttle, anyway if tuner cannot reach some good result then he should tell you thats the hardware problem here and hes not able to continue. but he wont, instead of it he disable PID regulation and made some shit.

tvub

TVTSPEV - injection time offset based on estimated injector temperature - 4x1
FRLFSDP - injection time scaling factor based on predicted vacuum relative to outside pressure  - 11x1
TEMIN - The minimum amount of time the injector will remain open during a cycle in millaseconds.

do not touch all of these

read wiki, most of answers there
go back to basics. start from scratch and do emissions
flat fkkvs, tvub, krkte, kvb for basis fueling
mlhfm and kfkhfm from ecu originally maf comes from,
now log mixture, boost, timing, knock etc and tune until you get all the things done
raise ldrxn and kfldhbn a bit and so on
this works until 1.2 bar boost and 180% load. next thing is iop/irl rescaling, lots info here
there is no rocket science its covered 1000 times.. pid maybe gives you some headache on a hybrid but thats all see here
JustGav

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 02:32:42 AM »

Thank you for the advice fukenbroken and others Smiley

So I spent last evening till silly o'clock setting up an XDF with maps in categories that make sense, which makes it a lot easier.

I put the KRKTE figure in of 0.0592443 (from the calculator), flattened FKKVS and inserted the relevant TVUB numbers as above (Thanks for confirming those).

Dug into ESKCONF, and disabled SAI and N249.

One that I'm still digging into is the rear O2 sensor, I disabled it in ESKCONF, however reading more into on the S4wiki, since it is still present it would make sense to leave it enabled, but adjust some of the values in.

I'm still searching the forum for the proper way to remove the CAT and what I assume is a temp monitor between o2 front and o2 rear

ATM:

ZATMIKML = 1
ZATMIKKML = 1
TABGMEX = F(max)
TIKATMOE = 0
ZATMKML = 1
ZATMKKML = 1
TKATMOE = 0
(above maps can be skipped IF diagnostic functions DLSH, DLSAHK, DHLSHK, DSLSLRS, DKATLRS are disabled AND LAMBTS, LRSKA, BBSAWE, LRSHK are fixed as shown further down. But personally I would set these maps anyway to do a *proper fix*, so even me7 logger would log tkatm_w = tikatm_w = tabgm)

TKATW = F(max)

LAMBTS (1. use temperature in exhaust manifold for BTS enrichment instead of precat 2. Enable LAMBTS only on high exhaust manifold temperatures - ignore cat/precat temperatures):

CWLAMBTS.2 = 1
DTBTS = 0
TKATBTS = F(max)
TIKATBTS = F(max)
LRSHK (to disable postcat o2 correction):

CLRSHK.0 = 1
CLRSHK.1 = 1
LRSKA (to disable "cat cleaning" function):

CLRSKA.0 = 0
BBSAWE (1. disable unneeded cat related cut-off latency 2. Do not disable cut-off based on cat temp)

KFTVSAKAT = 0
TKATSA = F(max)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 02:44:38 AM by JustGav » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 05:17:29 AM »

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Rear_O2_Sensors
JustGav

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2019, 06:49:55 AM »

Well, Tom's had a bit of thought, looking at the logs it appears that the MAF levels off even though boost is constant and the RPMs are rising, he is thinking collapsing TIP so going to look at that first.  In the mean time, I'll carry on building up a base map
tommyrollo02

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 07:28:17 AM »

The TIP is slightly pancaked below where the DV and PCV sit. Just as it starts to go behined the engine. It's an awful fitment, nevertheless - I'm going to refit and go out for a test.

Thanks for your help so far  Smiley
JustGav

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »

So, here we go with attempt 1.

Spent the time setting up the XDF as well, and added categories and some flag stuff, still WIP.

Items done

1. Injectors set to bosch 550 spec using KRKTE calculator and the TVUB set according to the provided data
2. MAF scaling done, I had another map from a stock AMK-BAM which uses the same 3" unit
3. ESKONF settings changed to suit. SLP, ULT, SLV disabled
4. SAI delete
5. Cat delete (Now this is the one that I'm slightly unsure on, so have followed the guides as much as I could.

Not doing the turbo map bit yet until the basics are right.  Ran checksum correct on it as well.
JustGav

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2019, 12:49:33 PM »

Attachments. BIN and XDF
JustGav

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2019, 01:00:52 PM »

Have now done a run or two with this map and collected some log files.

We did wait until we got the recommended FTDI cable before risking the first flash and not going to fib it is a little nervey first time round on an ecu you don't know (Had galletto in my box just in case).

Car drove okay, nothing too major, obviously didn't have the same power from when it was mapped, but this was a test for the MAF, injector, SAI and decat stuff as such none of the boost affecting tables have been touched.

Now to see what fuelling and timing changes need to go in.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: