Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Desired IAT on 2.7t swap  (Read 5277 times)
JDBrain

« on: December 24, 2017, 06:19:43 AM »

Hi folks,

Even I had no time to introduce my side project yet, I need an advice on finishing my Water-to-Air Intercooler project. Due to less space in the Passat B5.5 front, the original Audi SMIC setup was replaced by a custom water based solution. Everything went fine until now. I need an advice on desired AIT. This should be an easy task. But what about the needed coolant flow and core dimensions for the heat exchanger? Any ideas on calculations. I don’t like to go for an trial and error approach on this.

This car is planned to be a daily driver using the stock 5-speed auto transmission. Desired power level in this stage is 200kw. I’m thinking of an 250kw step in the next year if the current setup has proved to be reliable. The engine used in is a 2001 AZA in good condition and was swapped to my 2002 Passat W8. An Project introduction is coming soon.

Here are pictures of the inter cooler setup

Thanks in advance and have a nice Christmas time. Sorry for my bad English. This is the best Germans can do... Wink

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: