Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
Author Topic: 06A906032HN, Implementation of launch-control and NLS  (Read 213491 times)
sn00k

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 05:31:17 AM »

So, a first edition of a pdf has been scribbled down.. consisting of my notes on how to implement setzis v2 function of anti-lag & NLS.. i would love for someone to try this and report back in this thread with feedback and results.

The NLS cuts spark under given "conditions" when the clutch is pressed. (acclPedl threshold, time, rpm etc)
When conditions are correctly set this function makes the gearbox WOT-shift like butter..  Smiley

just an advice.. this anti-lag is cutting spark, so unburnt fuel will enter the exhaust manifold and "explode" in the turbine, making the EGTs skyrocket and the turbo spool in an instant.. while this is somewhat effective to build boost on the line, it poses a great threat to an OEM catalytic converter.

In my own function ive implemented throttle control and fuel-cut to keep things "under control", but this function is not yet position independent and will require some real work before it is finished and later released.. so in the meanwhile, enjoy this nice implementation by setzi, and try not to kill the drivetrain.. if possible..  Grin

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:26:19 AM by sn00k » Logged
carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 07:16:19 AM »

It's easy to see how much time you've put in here. It's also a good intro to general patching. Nice one - have some Karma.
kenmac

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 08:53:32 AM »

Thank you!  I will be working on this over the coming days and I'll report back with my feedback.  You really spent a considerable amount of time on this and it's greatly appreciated.
Giannis

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 09:16:22 AM »

Really nice topic you made a big effort for all of us like me who want this and do not have a clue about dissasebling. Thank you.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

Great work. Thanks for taking the time to write this up. Many people underestimate the amount of time it takes to write an informative document.

If you send me your FTDI info, I'll send you a NefMoto premium features license. Grin

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
professor

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »

That is just brilliant!

Thank you and setzi for your time and for sharing such detailed info!!!

I would definitely try this and i ll report back (probably not in few days but i ll report for sure).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:28:22 PM by professor » Logged

Seat Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8t 20V, stg3.
"Those 1.8T 20V machines are really tough" ©
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 01:29:31 PM »

HOT DAMN

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
sn00k

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 02:59:07 PM »

thanks for the positive response guys, lets hope someone actually manages to implement the functions following my quick "guide"   Roll Eyes

i wasnt really sure on which level of detail i should describe this first relatively "simple" method.. but i tried to stick to a level that most people, who have enough knowledge to make their own stage 1 tune, should be able to comprehend, since this could be a nice addition and perhaps the next small step forward in evolving their tune..

Tony: let me get back to you on that FTDI info, i have a 232RT based cable in the car i think, which should be compatible, and i would love for the flashing to be quicker.. since i do alot of reaserching based on the trial'n'error principle  Wink

come on ppl, lets see who is the first one to verify that this method works  Grin
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:01:20 PM by sn00k » Logged
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 04:16:45 PM »

WOW. Awesome write up! Really gives a lot of information to process. It's really nice to see it dissected like that! Really did a thorough job.

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Nosbeui

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »

Will this work with a 400bb ECU?  I'm working on a 4B0 906 019 P  400bb 2000 Audi A4 1.8t Manual.
What's the reason 8 is added to the address when calling the new function?

I flashed a file already with the code implemented but there was no launch control limiter.

Seriously thanks for taking the time to write this up!
createddeleted

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2012, 08:36:42 PM »

come on ppl, lets see who is the first one to verify that this method works  Grin

Im off for the next few days, lets see if I can make things work Cheesy

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!
ArgDub

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »

I'm working on a mild version that also cuts injection in the same way as the soft AL. I wrote a function that set bit B_nmaxd and therefore makes minmx_w = 0, looks promising but I had little time to test before the intense pressure separate a clamped union in the exhaust. Tomorrow I'm going to reassemble the joint with exhaust glue and try again.

Here is the fuel cut function code:
Code:
function_AL_NLS_fuel_cut:
jnb      B_kuppl, ret_AL_NLS_FCut
mov    r4, vfil_w
exts    #(PARAM_SEG), #1
mov    r5, SPEED_THRESHOLD
cmp    r4, r5
jmpr    cc_UGE, ret_AL_NLS_FCut
;movb   rl4, tsrldyn
;jmpr    cc_NZ, ret_AL_NLS_FCut
mov    r4, pvdks_w
exts    #(PARAM_SEG), #1
mov    r5, BOOST_LIMIT
cmp    r4, r5
jmpr    cc_ULE, ret_AL_NLS_FCut
bset    B_nmaxd

ret_AL_NLS_FCut:
mov     r4, ngfil_w
rets
sn00k

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 02:47:26 AM »

Will this work with a 400bb ECU?  I'm working on a 4B0 906 019 P  400bb 2000 Audi A4 1.8t Manual.
What's the reason 8 is added to the address when calling the new function?

I flashed a file already with the code implemented but there was no launch control limiter.

Seriously thanks for taking the time to write this up!

Im thinking the calls instruction use the full address to a location in the ecu ROM, which starts at 0x800000, but when reading the ROM with the nefmoto program, that 0x800000 becomes the first address, 0x00000, in our .bin file, correct me if im wrong =)

i think you can make this function work on a 400BB ecu, but you will have to read up on some addresses.. BUT, im not sure that an ecu using the 400BB memory would have the later ignitioncoil driver.. which could result in blown coils, drivers or fuse.. = BAD.. someone will have to test this.

ArgDub: Nice, if youve read my previous posts here youll notice im also looking at this with fuel-cut and throttle control to keep things smooth while building boost.. ive got it running pretty nice atm..

im also thinking we could alter setzis v2 function to cut fuel instead of spark to make a "soft version" that can be implemented just the same way as this spark-cut version.. for those using OEM catalytic converters in their daily drivers etc..  Smiley
Giannis

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 11:46:17 AM »

is it too much to ask the original file plus the original with nls and flat shift? It should be more helpful this way.
ArgDub

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »

Although injection cut makes it less violent, it is not yet even close to anything you can use often without breaking something. I think we also need to reduce air charge.

sn00k: Nice, could you explain from where you are linking the throttle control?
About flash, it isn't mapped to a particular address because it uses BUSCON0, so you can access flash at 0x200000 for example.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:56:43 PM by ArgDub » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: