Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lattepanda in car PC anyone else thinking what I'm thinking...?  (Read 13144 times)
mister t

« on: January 04, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »

So my newest B6 S4 has a big gaping hole in the dash where the aftermarket stereo was.

I had originally planned to use a Raspberry Pi with a 7 in touch screen. However, it has it's limitations in that it can't run Windows based programs.

I know you Linux gurus out there are probably groaning at me and my Linux ineptitude, but I think the new Lattepandas are a perfect match for our cars.

Think about it, with a fully functioning windows 10 OS in your stereo slot all you need is a board, case, 7 in touch screen and mini keyboard. Plug in a dongle straight from the OBD port to the board, you could conceivably run all your logging data on screen in real time, analyze it on the roadside, go into winOLS and change the file, and re-flash the car, all without even leaving your seat!!!!!
adam-

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:38:23 AM »

IOST on a Pi?
mister t

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:14:25 AM »

If you're referring to the windows 10 pi OS, I don't know that it's as readily compatible with all the free software available on this forum.

My inclination would be to make it all as simple as possible, and a proper windows 10 OS would be the way to go IMO.

Interestingly enough, I'm going to be getting into these types of projects for a living at the moment.

A good friend of mine is starting up his second Auto shop and wants me on board as an eventual partner. So I'm going to hang up my lawyer hat for a while and do what I do best, harebrained crazy mad scientist car projects!!!! Smiley
focalpoint519

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »

android app for LDRXN/KFZW multi map switching? can bus signaled that would be a neat project.

this is a good app to install on the touchscreen for our cars.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.holeschak.bmw_deep_obd&hl=en
mister t

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 03:54:44 PM »

Well, I finally found a used 2 gig Windows 10 activated Lattepanda, touchscreen, wifi, board enclosure, power supply, speaker, all for the low low price of $100!!!

Finally got around to installing it and it's awesome Smiley I have my VCDS cable hooked to it and I use a combo usb bluetooth keyboard/mouse to input data.

Now I can use all my flashing and logging software in my car.

I also plan on getting an amp, hooking it to my stereo speakers and running all my multimedia off the lattepanda.

I have pics but I can't post them up. I'll see about getting it done later.

20180407_154941 by zimbu themonkey, on Flickr

20180407_154844 by zimbu themonkey, on Flickr
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:14:01 PM by mister t » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: