Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Audi A3 1.8T ME7.1 (Edit, It's a ME7.5!) Immo off help?  (Read 12504 times)
12sec1/4

« on: January 06, 2018, 05:38:33 AM »

Hey!
I've done a fair bit of reading now and I think I have an Idea what to do... But I'd like to check before I go in and mess things up!!

This is what's happened.. I have an Audi A3 1.8T 20v 2003 ME7.1. It's stage 2 tuned and was running great up to the point that the exhaust fabricator shorted out my rear O2 sensor (I think that's what happened). It's caused a problem with my ECU to the point that I have had to get another one. I bought it off Ebay and it was sold as Immo off.
It starts the car no problem but runs like a bag of crap.. I put my Stage 2 map on it from my original ECU but the car won't start? So I assume he's done Immo off via the file.. Rather than on the EEPROM.

Now my 2 questions are...

1. Can somebody Immo off my tuned file that attached here? If so will save me some work benching both ECU's.

2. If not can I just make a back up of the original ECU (Clone it) then write it to the new ECU without any issues? Will this transfer over the original Immo data too?

Sorry for what might seem like newb questions but in an hour and a half I couldn't find my answer..  Roll Eyes

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
12sec
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:03:39 AM by 12sec1/4 » Logged
KasperH

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:12:35 AM »

We're the two ECUs identical part numbers?

Where is the stage 2 tune from?
12sec1/4

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 06:18:48 AM »

We're the two ECUs identical part numbers?

Where is the stage 2 tune from?

No, they are not identical part numbers but the new ECU worked with the map that was supplied on it. I was told that with the Immo off solution it would work no issues..

The Stage 2 file was bought from a well known tuning company in the UK. I flashed the file on myself with a genuine Kess2. The stage 2 file works 100% perfectly on the hardware.

Many thanks.
jimmcgee5

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:18:09 AM »

your file has errors in it .
12sec1/4

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 07:32:56 AM »

your file has errors in it .

In what way? The file I posted ran perfectly on the car.. Just won't start the car with the new ECU. Sad
12sec1/4

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 07:35:29 AM »

I'm not worried about the file I posted TBH..

As number 2 of my questions.. Can I just take the EEPROM read from the broken ECU and write it to the new ECU via boot mode without issues? Or is it possible to clone the ECU via Ktag?

Thanks again.
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 07:42:40 AM »

I'm not worried about the file I posted TBH..

As number 2 of my questions.. Can I just take the EEPROM read from the broken ECU and write it to the new ECU via boot mode without issues? Or is it possible to clone the ECU via Ktag?

Thanks again.
first off the file you posted is straight crap. missing checksum blocks and over 7 errors. second its me7.5 not me7.1 3rd yes you can clne it with ktag if the ecu is going in the same car if not the eepeom data wont be right and youll get stuck with a nostart condition. i have immo off solution in flash that avoids having to to open the ecu if you need message me.

attached is a immo off eeprom for me7.5 cks good and ready to write

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
12sec1/4

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 07:44:03 AM »

No, they are not identical part numbers but the new ECU worked with the map that was supplied on it. I was told that with the Immo off solution it would work no issues..

The Stage 2 file was bought from a well known tuning company in the UK. I flashed the file on myself with a genuine Kess2. The stage 2 file works 100% perfectly on the hardware.

Many thanks.

Edit***

The hardware numbers are a direct match..!
12sec1/4

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 07:55:02 AM »

first off the file you posted is straight crap. missing checksum blocks and over 7 errors. second its me7.5 not me7.1 3rd yes you can clne it with ktag if the ecu is going in the same car if not the eepeom data wont be right and youll get stuck with a nostart condition. i have immo off solution in flash that avoids having to to open the ecu if you need message me.

attached is a immo off eeprom for me7.5 cks good and ready to write

Marty, Chers for the reply.. I've sent you a private message..

The checksums are not an issue... My Kess will correct checksums! I write file and it askes me for original too, then it will correct for me. My bad with the ME7.5 I've just checked and indeed I'm wrong!  Embarrassed
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 08:32:18 AM »

heres all the maps changed in your file i made a map pack of all of them

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
12sec1/4

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 09:11:25 AM »

heres all the maps changed in your file i made a map pack of all of them

Thank you Marty!  Cool

You're a good egg!
KasperH

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 09:14:36 AM »

How much did you pay for this "tune"?
12sec1/4

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 09:36:11 AM »

How much did you pay for this "tune"?

Far too much by the sounds of it.  Cry

Would you say it's aggressive or just half hearted?
KasperH

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 10:09:21 AM »

Even paying for it is too much.
It isn't even quarter hearted.
It's just a simple eBay tune.

Boost cranked to 11
Irrelevant fuelling
Overboost protection & diagnosis disabled
Arbitrary addition to timing
Nonsensical changes in IOP & IRL

Sure, it'll run like hell.
But it'll kill itself doing it.

what setup do you have on the car?
12sec1/4

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 10:13:51 AM »

Even paying for it is too much.
It isn't even quarter hearted.
It's just a simple eBay tune.

Boost cranked to 11
Irrelevant fuelling
Overboost protection & diagnosis disabled
Arbitrary addition to timing
Nonsensical changes in IOP & IRL

Sure, it'll run like hell.
But it'll kill itself doing it.

what setup do you have on the car?

Wow  Shocked

I'm really shocked.. Truly I am.

The car has a K03s that's brand new, 3" MAF, FMIC, Cold air feed off a cone filter, 3" decat and full 3" system. Was told it should be running 1.5bar max boost.

I don't know my VAG's at all.. I don't know what is high boost TBH..

Thanks for the replys
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: