Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: help me with this boost problem  (Read 9686 times)
tao13

« on: January 08, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »

Hi all.
I have a stage 1 on my octavia 1 auq with cat , evap , sai , n249 removed.
Second lambda is on the car and works.
This is my log attached to this post.
My car on the boost gauge in 3-4-5 stay between 1-1.1 but i don't feel it like it have power.
My sparks looks ok.
Coils are ok.
Please help me with your advice. What can be?
DV
N75
Wastegate
Turbo broken
Exhaust manifol broken

Can i test N75 is i bypass it?
Many thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 02:06:07 PM »

You're underboosting a bit. Not sure why, you didn't bother to log N75 duty.

Probabably won't matter much since you are out of injector anyway.

Not sure what your expectations are, but "bypassing the n75" isn't going to tell you anything.

Why would you think that first instead of logging n75 duty?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tao13

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:37:28 PM »

THANKS NYET!
Today will logging N75.
For logging is ACFValvedutycycle in me7logger , correct?
I hope is its fault. I HOPE!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:41:35 PM by tao13 » Logged
tao13

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 03:30:24 AM »

Made a new log

I made other tests too:
1.bypass n75 - so the actuator/wastegate was connected directly to manifol and surprise my car in 2 and 3 gear make only 0.2 bar.
2.n75 removed and wstegate hose removed and stay in the air (so nothing activate it)  and my eyse only on the boost gauge , and if i push a little throttle the boost make instant 0.5-0.7 , i don't tried more because it is very gangerous.

My conclusions :
1.Turbo is ok at the inside gate who is open by wastegate
2.N75 it is ok and try to compensate the wastegate.
3. WASTGATE/ACTUATOR is very WEAK.

Please give me your advice. MANY thanks!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:40:40 AM by tao13 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »

Yes, your wg is likely not very strong.

Not that it matters, you are almost out of injector anyway.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
tao13

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »

Ok an many thanks.
I understand the injectors is on the limit,22 ms,but with vcds looks they can more.But if they on limit what happen , the ecu decrease boost because is less fuel??? But if was a less fuel AFR must work after 16:1 YES? But my AFR stay in 11.4-11.6 at 6000 rpm.
Now i have an auq 180hp stage 1 on my car.
My engine is an aum 150hp from factory but it is indecticaly with auq only the software is other for more boost.
First i had a stage 1 from upsolute chioptuning on my aum and car works very well.After some 3000km the upsolute software made problems with boost, made 1 bar at full throtle and decrease in 0.87 increase 1 decrease 0.7
So something happen there phisical.
I get this actual software from one car who works ok and and i study it , i removed only evap , sai , n249 and cat from it.
But from the begin i had more constantly boost but it decrese like you saw in logs.
So 2 good software not work, so it is a problem on my car , i excluded turbo and n75 after what i tested today and i think it is wf who not retain preasure.I think a standard wg must retain 0.5-0.6 from spring correct?

Maybe mine is bad is very wike.

Many thanks again.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 01:21:48 PM »

Ok an many thanks.
I understand the injectors is on the limit,22 ms,but with vcds looks they can more.

ECUxPlot will show you IDC. Why guess based on ms when the limit is rpm based?

But if they on limit what happen , the ecu decrease boost because is less fuel???

No.

But if was a less fuel AFR must work after 16:1 YES?

What?

But my AFR stay in 11.4-11.6 at 6000 rpm.

So what? Not sure how this is relevant.

Now i have an auq 180hp stage 1 on my car.
My engine is an aum 150hp from factory but it is indecticaly with auq only the software is other for more boost.
First i had a stage 1 from upsolute chioptuning on my aum and car works very well.After some 3000km the upsolute software made problems with boost, made 1 bar at full throtle and decrease in 0.87 increase 1 decrease 0.7

So something happen there phisical.

Pointless to guess unless you know what the WGDCs were

I get this actual software from one car who works ok and and i study it , i removed only evap , sai , n249 and cat from it.
But from the begin i had more constantly boost but it decrese like you saw in logs.
So 2 good software not work, so it is a problem on my car , i excluded turbo and n75 after what i tested today and i think it is wf who not retain preasure.I think a standard wg must retain 0.5-0.6 from spring correct?

I can't make head or tail of this.

Post a log with the wg line disconnected, but make sure you don't run out of IDC. If you do, back off.

Also, dont bother posting VCDS logs. They're entirely useless.

ECUx Plot

tao13

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »

Thanks again.
With wg disconected is hard to drive and hard to log and it is very dangerous.
With wg disconnected care made instantly 0.5-0.6 bars when touch a little the acceleration pedal.
Afr works well of all range between 1500-6000 rpm it decrease from 14.8:1 to 11.4:1 So i think the fuel it is enought.
My sparks looks ok.
No misfire.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »

Thanks again.
With wg disconected is hard to drive and hard to log and it is very dangerous.

This makes zero sense. If you have a weak wg, you should have no problems. The last log you posted showed wgdc at 95%. This is identical to the WG line DISCONNECTED

With wg disconnected care made instantly 0.5-0.6 bars when touch a little the acceleration pedal.

This makes zero sense. with or without the wg disconnected, regardless of WG spring strength, spool should be the same.

Afr works well of all range between 1500-6000 rpm it decrease from 14.8:1 to 11.4:1 So i think the fuel it is enought.

Until you "fix" your wg problem and run more boost. Look at your IDC. Your idea of "enough" is just plain wrong.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:36:33 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

tao13

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »

My friend thanks again for your time but i think maybe my english is very bad.
With wastegate disconected  the car MAKE BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM if you push the pedal .
I attached another log made after few hours , maybe the first was broken and maybe after change a hose from n75 who looks suspicious i made this log again.
Please waiting your advice again.
tao13

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 02:25:28 PM »

And this is my maps for n75 i think
Exactly where the injection is to the limit the n75 is 95%
95% = open circuit in n75 and the wastegate receive free boost from manifold???
Can be this map the problem why my boost decrease instantly from 1.1 to 0.9???

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 07:38:42 PM »

95% = open circuit in n75 and the wastegate receive free boost from manifold???
Can be this map the problem why my boost decrease instantly from 1.1 to 0.9???

No and no.

95% means venting all pressure AWAY from the wg. It is literally equivalent to having your wg line disconnected (as I said before).

If 95% is behaving differently from wg line, the N75 is bad. It has NOTHING to do with tuning.

ECUx Plot

tao13

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 11:47:30 PM »

Hi again.I made another log and i thinjk is more concludent.
Boost is intrerupted directly at 3600rpm.
Injection time is not on limit at 22ms like you said.I saw it had maximum at 25ms.
Please give me your advice again.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »

You are ignoring my question about what happens with the wg disconnected. You are at 95% wgdc and not making nearly requested.

There is clearly something wrong with either the WG or the N75 or both.

You also entirely ignored my advice about looking at injector DC and not on time.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:50:02 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

tao13

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 11:59:00 AM »

I dont know what you understand wg disconected.I wrote this thing.for me wg disconnected is wg at position but without hose connnected. in this situation wastegate work only with its spring inside and opened only the oreasure from inside the turbo who push the gate from inside the turbo and the preassure can not be controled and at a simple 5% throttle pedal push the boost increase very fast and very much and will broken the engine because the ecu not have time to cut the boost
n75 at 95% it is inverse like wg disconnected. when n75 95% the preasure push the wg and the turbo deacrease preassure in inleat manihold.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: