Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2016 VW Golf R 2.0 TSI Simos18 log file tuning  (Read 12492 times)
littco

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 05:38:11 AM »

You miss a lot of information here..

Most important one : What "Hybrid Turbo" ? any specs ? flowchart?

You are talking about making more power however you need to clarify the capabilities of your turbocharger and after a lot of tests
i can definitely tell you that there is no hybrid turbocharger based on the stock shell that will give you more then 470 real hp for a long time. Tested a few and life span was from 8 months to 1 and a half year with conservative boost levels.This is much worst if you are running on altitude.

Further more we would like to know the Fuel quality you have and from what country are you coming from as some of the US spec 7R's have only 4 injectors and no Mpi components.

In my opinion if you need something concrete use an efr, a gtx or a precision turbo that can supply the amount of power you after like an efr 7163 or gtx 3071 gen2 or something similar.

i am totally dissapointed by 2 companies here in Germany that supply hybrid turbochargers for a Ton of money without any kind of warranty and those products can not even last as long as they should but in any case i can personally tell you what i have used and worked or did not work for me.

Another issue i had was the rear diff in cases of 550+ hp which after a lot of launches diff was braking down and had to be replaced but not 100% sure if the car had another problem(car was manual) .

Not tuning related, but I've been testing is38 hybrids for over a year now and can assure people the stock thrust bearing setup on these turbos is not up to the job for taking more than 2 bar without premature failure!! They are ok upto a limit of around 1.8bar but after that they just don't hold up well enough to sell them without the risk of them failing ... Couple of companies sell an MHI based unit which seems to do well and hold up to well higher boost levels.

Marge

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

You need 400kpa PUT not MAP, what turbo do you have exactly?

tte525r
gt-innovation

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »

Not tuning related, but I've been testing is38 hybrids for over a year now and can assure people the stock thrust bearing setup on these turbos is not up to the job for taking more than 2 bar without premature failure!! They are ok upto a limit of around 1.8bar but after that they just don't hold up well enough to sell them without the risk of them failing ... Couple of companies sell an MHI based unit which seems to do well and hold up to well higher boost levels.

was already mentioned...The first failure i had with that turbo was back in 2014 while trying to develop a stage 2.After that tons of turbochargers broke down even on stock cars.Will say that again and maybe someone will listen hybrids do not last as much as they should.
littco

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 03:10:10 AM »

was already mentioned...The first failure i had with that turbo was back in 2014 while trying to develop a stage 2.After that tons of turbochargers broke down even on stock cars.Will say that again and maybe someone will listen hybrids do not last as much as they should.

Ohh I'm listening. I've spending the last 6 months trying to get a reliable solution. Even took the decision to stop selling all is38 hybrids until such time I could ensure their reliability. People still continue to buy these with stock bearings though. We've tested 6 different thrust bearing setups in the last few months and definitely moving in the right direction..

S2evo1

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 04:41:28 AM »

tte525r

But her you say: "Turbo is same spec as tte525r"?
IamwhoIam

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2018, 03:20:36 PM »

But her you say: "Turbo is same spec as tte525r"?

It's a copy

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Marge

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 08:28:05 AM »

We are working together with a turbo builder and we put it to them to build the turbo for it.

I have been working with someone with log tuning and it has been going very well so far Smiley
teobolo

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 05:01:40 AM »

so has anybody a trusted upgrade turbo for those cars?
I was almost ready to use tte turbo but after this thread i change my mind.
aef

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 06:04:33 AM »

There is a upgraded chra by snail turbo but I dont know if they last longer.
gt-innovation

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 12:17:06 PM »

so has anybody a trusted upgrade turbo for those cars?
I was almost ready to use tte turbo but after this thread i change my mind.

Get an efr / Garrett or something similar....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: