Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HELP 24V VR6 swap Golf MK2  (Read 2922 times)
JTDPerf

« on: July 07, 2021, 08:27:00 AM »

Hey!
I own an MK2 Golf and I swapped the original engine with VR6 24v code AYL from VW Sharan. So far the car runs but acts weird.
With the VSS unplugged rev limit is around 5000 RPM and car drives fine and with VSS plugged revs to 7200 but with an infernal rev hang between gears and stutter only in 4th gear at any rpm. I can't understand why stutters only in 4th gear (feels like intermittent fuel cut) because ECU down't know what gear is selected.
I scanned the ecu and i have 5 DTC's in the picture attached.
I performed SAI delete and don't have ABS on my Golf. I read on other forums if ECU doesn't communicate with other canbus partners throws some problems.
I don't know what to do next, I even asked a friend to scan my ecu and give me the bin file hoping you can help me..

_nameless

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 01:13:33 PM »

Hey!
I own an MK2 Golf and I swapped the original engine with VR6 24v code AYL from VW Sharan. So far the car runs but acts weird.
With the VSS unplugged rev limit is around 5000 RPM and car drives fine and with VSS plugged revs to 7200 but with an infernal rev hang between gears and stutter only in 4th gear at any rpm. I can't understand why stutters only in 4th gear (feels like intermittent fuel cut) because ECU down't know what gear is selected.
I scanned the ecu and i have 5 DTC's in the picture attached.
I performed SAI delete and don't have ABS on my Golf. I read on other forums if ECU doesn't communicate with other canbus partners throws some problems.
I don't know what to do next, I even asked a friend to scan my ecu and give me the bin file hoping you can help me..

heres your file with sai removed and vss error rev lim removed. youll still get a cel for the error as i did not remove that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 04:22:52 PM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
JTDPerf

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 11:38:03 AM »

Can you post again the bin file because for some reason it doesn’t appear here anymore. Thank you in advance!
JTDPerf

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 01:41:05 AM »

heres your file with sai removed and vss error rev lim removed. youll still get a cel for the error as i did not remove that.

Car Pulls hard to around 8k rpm now!! Engine definetly has more power, so far so good. My problem is gone thanks to Marty! God bless you, my friend:) .
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 07:24:07 AM »

Car Pulls hard to around 8k rpm now!! Engine definetly has more power, so far so good. My problem is gone thanks to Marty! God bless you, my friend:) .
No problem mate. Glad it helped.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: