Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad injectors?  (Read 2714 times)
golfputtputt

« on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:04 PM »

Ok, so I think I already know whats going on but I just wanted to confirm with ya'll that it is indeed bad injectors and not something else possibly and what to look out for.

So I threw on some EV14 550's (laser etched bosch) onto my 1.8t. I paid $150 for the 4. I thought: wow! what a good price for genuine bosch injectors (what the ebay listing said). I thought, if they were knockoff ev14's, they wouldn't be laser etched bosch or something else would look amiss (i.e.: no Viton o-rings, other strategies to cut cost etc) so I thought I was indeed getting genuine bosch.

As I read on I found out (assumed) that the only way to assure fuel injectors are good (genuine bosch or otherwise) is to get them flow tested for consistency.

I've calibrated my LTFT's as low as I could get them and they still fluctuate at part throttle from .8%-3.5% and no matter what direction I move KRKTE, these percentages move into positive numbers further and further but not evenly. Basically saying I'm having a tough time getting consistent results from small tweaks.

so the conclusion i'm getting at is: I probably bought shit injectors right?

I'm thinking I may go with FIC 650cc's

update if you've seen my setup previously:
Still cone filter
back to pneumatic recirculating DV

No DTC's
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:09:51 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 09:16:57 PM »

If you don't have an airbox you will be struggling with trims forever. Accept that youll have shit trims with an open element filter.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:21:45 PM »

Ok thanks for the clarification

One more suggestion: MAF tube with flow straightener, cone filter and 6"+ before MAF sensor?

could that work?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:29:20 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
opticaltrigger

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 03:40:37 PM »

I think that if I was going to build something from scratch,I would still use the oem air intake which is part of the air box, and then form a box around it again which had a similar volume to that of stock.
But that said, you may be hard pressed to build something more efficient than an oem box.

Maintaining linear flow across MAF sensors is only part of the project.
The air box itself helps to provide a reservoir of relatively controlled air which is somewhat insulated from it's immediate environment. This box of air if you like is trying to set the air up in the best possible manner for induction into the air intake just prior to the MAF.
Even the air intake into the box, if you really look at it, is very well thought about. Vast amounts of time, money and brilliant minds have been employed in the management of air flow prior to MAF's, which is a great indicator of it's importance.

All the very best
O.T.

"It is dangerous to be right, in matters where established men are wrong." ....

Voltaire
golfputtputt

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 03:47:28 PM »

Very informative answer, thank you.
 Yea thats what i assumed, plus they must calibrate both components on the flow bench during the r&d phase.

I heard the mustang guys had issues with their cars stalling suddenly upon lift and shifting into neutral on the highway. The box probably prevents most of that erratic behavior im going to assume.

I’ll prob be hitting the junkyard for a box soon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: