Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Average Exhaust Gas Temps?  (Read 2247 times)
njallday

« on: February 16, 2018, 05:12:01 PM »

Hey all, first post-

Just buttoned up my Frankenturbo build with tubular manifolds, cat-less downpipes, and am monitoring my EGT's via P3 Multi-gauge :thumbsup:

I am noticing EGTs in the mid 800s that quickly increase by around 200 degrees with partial throttle in a span of 5-10 seconds. I really don't think this is normal. I'm not sure though, as I never monitored with stock turbo and manifolds. I'd like to hear what kind of temps others are getting, as I pinged 1257 peak degrees on  a 16 psi pull  Shocked
I installed the XSPower manifolds (which I wouldn't recommend), and among the many fitment issues, the EGT probe hole was much too deep, and required a couple washers to snug the compression fitting properly
I'm just trying to figure out if I have a faulty sensor
Could also be running lean I suppose, but I don't currently have a Wideband installed so can't say for sure
LAMFA targets are currently 12.4 above 3500

I'm actually a tech and have a thermal imaging tool I can use, but I just brought the old girl home on her maiden voyage and won't be working tomorrow aka won't have access to my tools until Monday :/
woj

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »

Probably a totally daft question, but F or C?
IamwhoIam

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 03:51:47 AM »

sounds like Fahrenheit, 1257 is 680C, and that doesn't sound shocking at all to me. If it's Celsius, something is seriously wrong, but hey it's ok, he doesn't have a wideband installed yet, he will install it along with the pistons and the block once he torches a piston and ends up having to rebore it Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: