Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: ME 3.8.3  (Read 159671 times)
pvl

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »

@ Giannis :

I had the same issue..  and i think it has to do with the following shortcoming :

Pin 13 OBD port INSIDE the car is NOT wired to PIN 43 on BIG ecu connector.

Please use a multimeter to check this.

I made my own benchflashloom to do these ecu's. Just did one again today. Works a
treat. No issues with the non exsisting wire in the loom, that is needed to feed +12v
to pin 43 for PROGRAMMING ONLY.  After programming, undo this +12v wire, otherwise
you cannot get any diagnostic stuff going via vagcom !!!!

Cheers,

PvL
Giannis

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »

i noticed this so i connected the 12V wire direct to the ecu. But i still have security accees error. Any other ideas? Can't be done to the bench?
pvl

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:38 PM »

Most people do NOT read and do NOT use the searchfunction. Thats a pitty.
I did, and the outcome was quite predictable. My own made bench-harness works
a treat.

If you get ANY errors, recheck your wiring, power and computer.

Did you have any success flashing other ecu's with your mpps before ?!?!? or is this
the first one you take-on ?

First be sure your equipment is o.k.

If problems still persist..  post here....

I steal power off the car's battery..  And mpps always tells me the voltage...  Be sure this
is above 12.0v and not above 13v.  Don't use cheap-ass powersupplies..  Use the battery
of the car instead. A friend had issues untill he finally took my advice on the carbattery
and suddenly it worked-out !!!

Best of luck,

PvL
Giannis

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 01:10:12 PM »

No need to upset my friend. I always use the search function before asking questions. The problem is it should have worked. My mpps works great on other ecus already tested it to me7.5 f800 and me7.5 f400 without problems i' m no tuner to have many cars to test. Just mine and for a couple of friends.also i use like you a 12v small lead acid battery witch has 12.2 volts for bench flashing so it is ok. I posted my problem cause i think i have made everything ok and wanted to know if anyone else is having similar problem. As far as i know security access has to do something with immo, but never read about it before. Thats why i asked if the bench flash works in theese ecus. Sorry for your time. Regards.
pvl

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 01:21:09 PM »

@ giannis;

I'm not mad..   Just getting frustrated a bit from people who want to be spoon-fed..  or 1st post-guys...  that come-in with questions
and think we all good nefmoto-folks give instant help + warranty...

I made my own simple benchflash-harness from a few wires, 1 switch to emulate the ignition-switch, and a removable jumpwire to give
power to pin 43. Also used a female obd2 connector that i connected up to the loom to create a easy pluggable solution for the mpps
dongle or vagcom...   Same loom also does ME7, as i splitted some wires and made it multi-purpose doing this.

To flash it, i undo the big connector on the car's ecu, under the bonnet. put my home-prepped oem-connector on the ecu, connect
+ and -  to the car's battery and jump the pin43 wire in the loom for programming.  Then connect the mpps and fire-up the laptop.
3 mins after beginning of the programmingsequence, it's done.
No need to undo the little connector on the ecu. I leave it always in place, like the ecu itselfe... i only pull it 3cm's out of the bracket
to be able to undo the car's big ecuconnector and place my benchloom's big connector on it. (bought a new empty one @ v.a.g. and
putted wires into it.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:23:57 PM by pvl » Logged
Giannis

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »

I didn't want to offent you and i am sorry if i did. I'm not a first poster here nor i want to feed me with the spoon . I very deeply appreciate all the help and knowledge found here cause without namy of you all of these would look like chineese to me. I just encountered a problem and wanted to know if anyone else having the same and what solution they found. I don't have a female ecu connector i only use female pins for bat+, Bat-, ign+, k-line and have a few spare if needed. The difference is that i didn't think leaving the other connector pluged to the ecu. Do you leave cars ignition on? Maybe the ecu wants it for checking with instrument panel. I will try this out and report back. Thank you. And sorry again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:54:23 PM by Giannis » Logged
pvl

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »

You don't need any comms with any dash..  not needed.
Just :

1. +12v continuous power
2. +12v switched (ignition)
3. +12v to pin43 enable programming
4. -12v
5. K-line

these wires, directly connected to the ecu will do the job.
On this forum i thought i also posted the scematics of mpps/M3.8.3 programming.

Cheers,

PvL
pvl

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 03:00:12 PM »

Giannis:

Scematics for you Wink :

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/Panicos/ME38.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j31/Panicos/M59cablepinout.jpg

put a switch between ecu pin 1, so you can emulate the ignition on/off key.

And use a good carbattery.

Report back, if it worked-out or not.

Cheers,

PvL
overspeed

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »

Open the case and verify if it´s the rigth Flashprom...

One time I had an ECU with 28F200BB (or something like it) and didnt´t work...
pvl

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 05:16:41 PM »

normally these feature a AM29F200BB
Giannis

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2013, 01:44:18 AM »

no its not a am29f200bb its something else i cant remember i will check but i google it and is the same as 29f200bb.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 04:07:25 AM »

The stock flash in this should be 29F200AB

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
pvl

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:36 AM »

open up your ecu, and take a clean/clear picture and add it to this thread please
Giannis

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »

ok i will mayby this is the problem. Thank you.
pvl

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »

take a picture of the flashrom's legs..  if this seems to be a re-soldered part, and not
very nice equal shining solder, like bosch'es factory soldering, you know why this might
be a problem....

inform us, and post a picture here. HELP the community.....  CONTRIBUTE please...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: