Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adding rows/columns in TunerPro (HOW?)  (Read 3416 times)
ibizaCUPRA18t

« on: March 04, 2018, 10:57:33 AM »

I am a beginner to remaps and tweaking files but I've learned a lot from NefMoto. However one thing I cannot get.
So I have been working on my file for my 1.8T K04-022 and practicing a bit before I have the actual car started, and I need to ready the file for a K04-022. Prj told me to only edit timing 150% Load and above and not touch it too much, and I also need to add rows for higher load etc. But, by adding rows, I would have to have a dyno to know what values to place for every RPM range, right? The ECU doesn't automatically fill in the blanks for you. For example, the timing in an S3 225HP file extends all the way to 185% Load, however the file I will be using is a 150hp file that extends Load only up to 150% in Timing table.

SO, if I want to tweak my table so that it covers up to 185% Load, instead of only up to 150%, how do I go about doing it? Of course I'm not going to copy paste the values from the S3 File, its a lower-compression engine anyway...
KasperH

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 11:16:02 AM »

You can't add rows or columns to maps.
But you can edit the axis data to reflect higher load.
And you would have to adjust the timing accordingly yourself Smiley
rogerius

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 11:28:26 AM »

... and additionaly adjust all maps that share that same axis that was edited, no?
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 04:07:12 PM »

So I would need a dyno... right? What do you think, can I copy values from an S3 1.8t to a standard 1.8t that has higher compression? Or would that cause problems since the S3 file is made for lower compression? OR copy the values, and then decrease/increase timing after testing the car and logging etc.
KasperH

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:25:22 PM »

... and additionaly adjust all maps that share that same axis that was edited, no?

Yes, if the axis I shared with other maps.
And in this case it is.
KasperH

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:39:35 PM »

So I would need a dyno... right? What do you think, can I copy values from an S3 1.8t to a standard 1.8t that has higher compression? Or would that cause problems since the S3 file is made for lower compression? OR copy the values, and then decrease/increase timing after testing the car and logging etc.

Complete timing tuning is best done on a Dyno, yes.

In my personal opinion I would just up the load in the last 2 load rows/columns
and adjust the timing so there is no knock present when doing a WOT run.
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 05:04:06 AM »

Complete timing tuning is best done on a Dyno, yes.

In my personal opinion I would just up the load in the last 2 load rows/columns
and adjust the timing so there is no knock present when doing a WOT run.

Hmm... alright. I have an idea. I can up the last two load columns exactly as it is in the S3 file (S3 file covers up to 185 Load), and do some cheating by entering the timing values that are in the S3 file, and use those timing values as a "starting point", rather than just adding best-guess timing values. What do you think?

Also, my LDRXN profile maxes out at 165% Load, so boost levels will not be that high, and I have maybe a little room for error in timing. Anyhow, I just compared the timing tables, and at 150 Load the S3 has 18* BTDC (cant remember RPM) while the 150hp file is still at 12.5-14* BTDC at the same RPM point; that is a huge difference thats why I am a bit concerned in using S3 values, maybe copy paste them and tune them DOWN a bit. Some advice?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: