Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Having hard time with Y-Axis values in winOLS on some maps.. ie KFLDIMX (MED9.1)  (Read 5967 times)
royce5950

I am working on a .ols project for my MED9.1 2007 A4 2.0T FSI  Cool ...  I have an IDA file that I got off of here that lines up 100% with my ECU. But I am using a .ols project for a SEAT Leon in order to copy over map structures (without copying data of course). I click copy selection and choose "do not transfer data" and "DO copy map structure".. Now I open the map in my project file once I've transferred it from the SEAT Leon file and here is the issue. Some map structures copy over perfectly without any issue or blip whatsoever.. Then we have maps like KFLDIMX for instance, which has all the correct numbers in the table and the 3d map looks correct as well, the X axis seems to be fine as well.. but the Y axis will be way off (regardless of the  Y axis numbers being screwy as hell, the map itself is fine and the table also seems to have all the correct numbers  there as well.. its just the numbers in the Y-axis that arent right.. ) anyways, So I refer to my trusty IDA file and pinpoint the correct address for the Y axis. I open the map properties for KFLDIMX and open up the "Y-Axis" tab, then I input the correct address for the Y-Axis from the IDA file. Click OK and then open the map again and all of the numbers in the Y-Axis are now correct but they are 1 off for some reason? what I mean is, there is 16 areas in the Y-Axis, I know from my experience tuning many many files for the ME7 variant that the Y-Axis for KFLDIMX seems to be correct but its starting at the second row rather than the first.. and instead the first row, in the case of KFLDIMX is the number "4" or "4.000" I forgot.. anyways as you know the 16 numbers in the Y-Axis (in regards to KFLDIMX) are 4 digit RPM values.. KFLDIMX in particular always starts at 1000 RPM and goes up from there and I already know the right address for the correct RPM table thanks to the IDA "cheat sheet" I have.. I can't tell whats going on here? why is it doing this? and secondly, does it matter?  Huh could I still modify the map even with the Y-axis not being the correct address as long as I don't alter those values? of course i would prefer to figure out what I'm doing wrong so I can actually have the right values where they should be.. but if at the end of the day that doesn't even matter then i guess I'll jsut forget about it? because if I remember correctly I think KFMIOP / KFMIRL does infact have the correct Y-Axis address and the values for that axis are correct.. but in regards to KFLDIMX and other LDR maps I am having this problem?

Can provide screen shots if necessary. thanks if anyone can assist.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:50:01 AM by royceV3PT » Logged

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
nyet
Administrator

Post a screen shot of the map.

Your address is probably off by one or two bytes.

note that 16 bit data will always be 16 bit aligned (even address)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

Well heres where Im stuck at currently.. Is this KFLDIMX Axis kosher? .. If I'm not mistaken, it appears that I've properly defined KFLDRL but KFLDIMX is just barely off... Any help is greatly appreciated.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
nyet
Administrator

No, it looks like it is just off by one or two bytes, as i said.

If it is an 8 bit axis add 1.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

The map properties claim that the X axis is 16 bit HiLo should i try and change it to 8-bit?

nyet
Administrator

no, move it by two bytes, and make sure the result is even.

ECUx Plot

royce5950

move the whole map 2 bytes? or just the X-axis? and am I mistaken or shouldnt all RPM Axis for LDR - I Controller always start at 1000?
Thank you for your help nyet. This is my first time tuning MED9.1 but I have done well over 30 - 40 tunes for ME7.5 ECUs.. So far I cant decipher any significant differences  between the two regarding 'tuning strategy'. Seems like they increased the size of the flash memory x2 just for the sake of adding a shit ton of empty space lol.

royce5950

Is that ok that it ends at that value now? that looks very wrong?

nyet
Administrator

plausible. I have another well defined file that has a max pressure scale of 1350

ECUx Plot

royce5950

right on nyet. you tha man. I appreciate your help greatly. Hopefully someone else finds this thread useful in the event they find themselves as confused as I was.

royce5950

Maybe its because the compressor housing is larger on the turbo that comes equipped on the Audi 2.0T FSI?

tao13

KFLDIMX rpm axis is common with other maps?
tao13

KFLDIMX rpm axis is common with other maps?

Saw in Fr is SPL08LDUW is used only for IMX, Somebody can confirm this?
MANY THANKS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: