Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question about NO READ tag and Memory Layout  (Read 4576 times)
Gunnessr

« on: March 04, 2018, 02:20:21 PM »

Hello All. I have a modified BIN file and intend to upload it to ECU using the NEFMOTO program. My motor controller was already modified by the company and the file was NO READ, but it did not go through the Nefmoto program and it was able to edit TunerPro, he did not want to turn on Winols but after remove the NO READ tag winols open the file. After the edit I had a few checksum errors but using the tools from the forum I corrected them. I do not know if I'm doing it correctly but I would not want to immobilize the car. Did the driver not read completely or correctly through this NO READ tag, i don't see any errors? And when I  using the Memory Layout 29F800 and in the ECU is 29F800BL or 29F800BB it can not be write correctly? (no information on the internet and I am afraid to open the ECU to check)

I apologize for the language but I used part of the translator. Regards ! Smiley
Kacza

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »

If you want to, send the file and I will check your checksums.
overspeed

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 03:00:36 PM »

Some comercial files has modified cks, take caution when you find big number of wrong cks...check if only data was changed
Gunnessr

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 12:03:41 PM »

I do not really understand. The file that I had in ECU (reconstituted by the company) did not have cheksum errors. When I modified it, the program showed 2 or 3 errors. After correcting changed the last few lines of the file and the 4 lines (3 at the beginning of the 7 bytes and 1 in the middle of the 4 bytes). This will be correct?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 04:27:59 PM »

stop using other people's files, problem solved.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Gunnessr

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 07:09:26 AM »

So, according to you, should I throw my computer in the trash or do nothing with it?
I wanted to change something in my ECU for his own use so do not really understand. I've touched on a touchy subject, I think ...
jochen_145

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 10:49:31 AM »

Quite easy:
If you deleate the NOREAD tack in the dump with a normal hex-editor, afterwards the checksum will be wrong, because the CKS of the dump was done including the NOREAD tack..

Same when you change bits or maps in the dump the CKS needs to be corrected.

Only a few flashers and dump editors care about the NOREAD tack, so just take one of these an got on working with the dump, if you want to.

Depending on the way your CKS-calculator works, take care of starting with the orignial OEM dump and let the CKS of your chanced dump calculated in order to the original dump and not the tunes one

BS
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 10:38:26 PM »

So, according to you, should I throw my computer in the trash or do nothing with it?
I wanted to change something in my ECU for his own use so do not really understand. I've touched on a touchy subject, I think ...

No, it isn't a touchy subject at all. I've posted 1000x times why its a bad idea and I just don't have the energy to explain it again.

Start with a stock file, develop whatever it is you need based on that, unless you have the author of a modded file there to explain in detail what each and every one of his changes was intended to accomplish.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Gunnessr

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 08:19:01 AM »

Thanks for the detailed answers. The file has been corrected and correctly uploaded to the ECU Cool. Thanks for the help. Regards
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: