Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Galetto unable to write  (Read 2573 times)
sakta

« on: March 17, 2018, 10:37:08 AM »

Hi guys,

So I was reading the topic on NLS and Anti lag, and decided to try my hand at it, using both setzi's code and Mazer. I had ignition issues with the engine stalling so decided to return to my inital ECU file, which I backed up, but...

Whenever I try to write to my ECU, I cannot, because my Galletto gives me an error 'Change Speed'. I removed fuse 11 and tried again and no dice. My OBD port seems to still function fine for diagnostics (no errors found). I tried checking values like the battery voltage and it displays over OBD, so surely my ECU is fine and not bricked?

Any suggestions to what I can try? I think I went a little over the top this time....
sakta

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »

Would I be correct in assuming that its bricked, and I need to open it up, ground the correct pins and enter boot mode, then use Chiploader or something similar? Or would my case not be so bad?

The car starts, and has a rough idle, revs randomly drop very low, then come back up again.

When ignition is on, the fuel pump activates every few seconds tooo.... really unsure what has happened, possibly corrupt flashing?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:25:13 PM »

only hardware damage will prevent galetto from flashing.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
sakta

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 02:41:31 AM »

only hardware damage will prevent galetto from flashing.

Thank you, I guess thats a relief. The only question is what is preventing it, the Galettos lack of documentation is kinda making things difficult. It flashed and read the first time flawlessly, not a single error code!

I think I will try boot mode when the snow clears. Maybe I corrupted
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: