Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DAMOS or XDF for 06A906032R 0004 HW:0261206438 SW:1037352759  (Read 3209 times)
bororobbo

« on: March 19, 2018, 08:05:50 AM »

in need of damos or xdf for this a3 1.8tq ajq engine, it already has a map according to the previous owner so i would like to see whats been done. it has a k03s fitted opposed to the standard k03 so want to see if changes have been made to count for this in the remap thats been done
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:09:27 AM by bororobbo » Logged
royce5950

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 11:30:35 PM »

imo there likely wont be anything different to "compensate" for the turbo upgrade as far as like turbo flow calibrations and what not.. I say compensate with quotes because switching out the k03 for k03s isn't the type of turbo upgrade that exactly calls for a tuner to to make fine adjustments of that sort.. What you would find is likely just LDRXN, LDRXNZK, KFLDHBN, KFLDIMX, KFLDRL, LAMFA... etc. Long story short, what I'm trying to say is that if the tune was written when the car had the k03 installed, I am almost certain, nothing was changed when the k03s took its place.. UNLESS the P.O was the tuner. BUT, in the event he (or she  Roll Eyes just for political corrections sake.. lol, not sexist, but comeon really?  Wink ) did in fact make any changes in an attempt to address the turbo swap, you wouldn't even know because they would've likely just barely increased LDRXN a smidge, reflashed and called it a day.

Regardless, I'll see if I have one on my HD.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:08:02 AM »

imo there likely wont be anything different to "compensate" for the turbo upgrade as far as like turbo flow calibrations and what not.. I say compensate with quotes because switching out the k03 for k03s isn't the type of turbo upgrade that exactly calls for a tuner to to make fine adjustments of that sort.. What you would find is likely just LDRXN, LDRXNZK, KFLDHBN, KFLDIMX, KFLDRL, LAMFA... etc. Long story short, what I'm trying to say is that if the tune was written when the car had the k03 installed, I am almost certain, nothing was changed when the k03s took its place.. UNLESS the P.O was the tuner. BUT, in the event he (or she  Roll Eyes just for political corrections sake.. lol, not sexist, but comeon really?  Wink ) did in fact make any changes in an attempt to address the turbo swap, you wouldn't even know because they would've likely just barely increased LDRXN a smidge, reflashed and called it a day.

Regardless, I'll see if I have one on my HD.
a real tuner would have calibrated pid first and foremost

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
bororobbo

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:18:36 AM »

Thanks you for that information. I can only go off the previous owner from when i bought the car, it apparently has a stage 2 remap for a k03s but i think its not been done great, boost oscillates in-between 0.9 and 1.1 bar after peaking at 1.3, i have a feeling some of the safety management has been disabled aswell because i dont get a EPC light on for anything (misfires, knock) and no codes for misfire. Ive come to the conclusion its the software after lots of testing and checking (during testing i found weak actuator with mittyvac so have replaced with same result). i just want to fix it its driving me insane while driving lol even if i have to flash a stock file and start from scratch, i want to learn how to do this properly anyway so for the past few months ive been reading function sheets and reading the threads on here (amazing site btw) so im hoping ive learned enough to start somewhere. This is the question though: should i stay with my current tune not knowing whats changed/disabled/possibly engine damaging, or could one of you possibly point me in the right direction of a well defined file that i can cross flash onto my ecu and start from scratch?

Thanks for your reply's you guys are awesome.

Scott

EDIT: Just to clarify I have no current hardware issues/ leaks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:33:23 PM by bororobbo » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: