Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NefMoto Open Source Code Repository  (Read 15562 times)
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »

Also, may I make a request. When you roll out the next release, would you ensure that baud rate changes are kept even after connecting? That would save me hours (every week) explaining you have to do it twice!

That was fixed a year or so ago, but I never released that update, cause I got busy with real life. In real life I'm a artificial inteligence programmer for RTS videogames... Tongue
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:49:03 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 06:49:35 PM »

That was fixed a year or so ago, but I never released that update, cause I got busy with real life. In real life I am an artificial inteligence programmer for RTS videogames... Tongue

Ploz add a backdoor for me, thx!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »

In real life I am an artificial inteligence programmer for RTS videogames... Tongue

For realz?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »

Ploz add a backdoor for me, thx!

You don't game......

Do you?

Trying to get Rarak in on some BF4 action.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
jimmcgee5

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 09:12:40 PM »

for some people on here , this is real life  Cheesy Tongue
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 10:59:06 PM »

You don't game......

Do you?

Trying to get Rarak in on some BF4 action.

Heh those days are over. Did my "pro" time back in the quake world TF days.

I did REALLY enjoy BFBC2 tho... the best of the BF franchise by far. I did not buy BF4, hated BF3.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 05:53:09 PM »

I think I need to release the reverse engineering work on the S4 ECU under a different license than the source code. I wrote the source code so I can choose any license I want for that, but for the reverse engineering work I'm not sure how to license it because it is a derivative work based on the assembly code that Bosch created.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 06:11:55 PM »

I think I need to release the reverse engineering work on the S4 ECU under a different license than the source code. I wrote the source code so I can choose any license I want for that, but for the reverse engineering work I'm not sure how to license it because it is a derivative work based on the assembly code that Bosch created.

That portion will always be of questionable provenance... so you can't even release it into the PD, technically.

I wouldn't worry about it. Just about everything having to do with ME7 is reverse engineered at this point.

ECUx Plot

dozer103

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »

This sounds weak, but do what you feel right about. If you're worried about others profiting from your work the best strategy is to make it more freely available so there is no way people will pay for free stuff. If you want to keep things proprietary or turn a buck protect what you have done and will do that no one else can. I am incredibly grateful for what you and the community have shared and hope to give back as I understand more. Ultimately the market will decide - people like you will decide their desire to understand more without paying someone else for information that seems incomplete is worth their effort.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »

Bump...  Any more thoughts or action on this?

Some of us are feeling a bit hamstrung by our cables dying or our inability to purchase licenses.

I know many of us would be motivated to continue improving upon Tony's work for the good of the community.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 12:06:05 AM »

Bah dum tis...
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 06:59:04 PM »

Maybe we can crowd fund the sale of the source to the community?

I would be willing to contribute $1000.

Flashing my cars with my licensed cables takes an eternity, because the licensing mechanism in Nefmoto is broken and it does not see the licensed cables, despite exporting the correct serial number from the cables, and those numbers matching up to the licenses.

Moates has no Roadrunners in stock, and has to redesign it because an IC on the old design went obsolete, so emulation isn't exactly an option either.  Sad
SB_GLI

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 08:17:48 AM »

I would be willing to contribute $ towards releasing the source.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: