Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 4.2 ABZ Manual Conversion  (Read 11252 times)
prj

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 08:10:07 AM »

How can you say that it is a better way?
Your manifold switching won't work and you will lose torque and power. And nothing you do will make it work.

ABZ is where you should start. It's a cable throttle car, there is not much to it.
034motorsport will sell you a modification for the ABZ, but I have no idea as to the quality.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »

Bitching about prj being harsh is pointless. Just assume everything he says might offend you, and move on.

You'll be fine.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 12:47:31 PM »

I love it  Grin

Log your car properly.
hopsis

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »

Bitching about prj being harsh is pointless. Just assume everything he says might offend you, and move on.

You'll be fine.

[OFFTOPIC]
After a self-imposed cooldown period I've come to the same conclusion. The man is an asshole but there is no denying that he does know his shit and I dare to say this because I know he doesn't give a shit about my opinion. I could apologize but I can pretty much guess how many fucks would be given, so, as I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy again I've come to say the only thing I can think of to annoy You back.

"prj, I forgive You."  Kiss

[/END OFFTOPIC]
mister t

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »

[OFFTOPIC]
After a self-imposed cooldown period I've come to the same conclusion. The man is an asshole but there is no denying that he does know his shit and I dare to say this because I know he doesn't give a shit about my opinion. I could apologize but I can pretty much guess how many fucks would be given, so, as I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy again I've come to say the only thing I can think of to annoy You back.

"prj, I forgive You."  Kiss

[/END OFFTOPIC]

Lol, that's the same conclusion I came to.

We can kill him with kindness hahahahahahaha!!!
Tirbsi

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 10:27:08 AM »

Hi,
I just wanted to give some feedback.
After some research I found out, that the 32V A8 ABZ has only a one stage manifold like the S6 Plus. The switchover rpm is also nearly the same.
Therefore I decided to give it a try and flashed the S6Plus file to a M28F102 and socketed it into the ABZ ECU.
The engine runs fine without DTCs and has idle fuel trims around -7%.

That's fine for the moment. As the car needs a little bit more assembly  Grin the test drive had to be postponed for a while.

Regards from Germany  Wink ,
Patrick
prj

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 01:45:39 PM »

I read the german SSP and indeed, seems like ABZ has 1 switchpoint. The newer 5V V8 has two (and there is problem with SW because S6 and S8 both have 1 switchpoint also).
Switchover RPM should be set the same as before, because this is governed by the runner length.

You need to change at a very minimum:
1. MAF linearization
2. Injector size.
3. KFLF
4. KFZW

RPM limit might be a good idea too.

Log your car properly.
arazvan2002

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2021, 01:32:17 PM »

So, back to topic...

PRJ, do you really think it is easier to use the ABZ file for a manual conversion? Do you have some hints of how to start?

I would guess, that even with the 1 stage manifold, the s6+ file is still the better way.

Is there any kind of definiton file for a M.5.4.1 available, which I can use to cross compare?

Last question for my understanding: Is the map, that I have "found" the MAF linearization?

Regards,
Patrick

Did you found a definition, damos, asap file for this ecu or managed to do some progress  with what's different from S6?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: