Pages: [1]
Author Topic: noob here - need to know if i'm the right place?  (Read 3022 times)
hummel

« on: April 03, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »

Hey Gents,

A brand new noob have arrive. I really want to understand more about the ECU, specially the ME7, because I believe that's the one i have with my R32 engine.

Just to get started i downloaded the Nefmoto ECU flasher, and first job for me is to bench flash my ECU, when i get a prober DC supply and the rest of my wiring.

I read the S4 Wiki and freaked out a bit  Shocked Thats alot to handle at my first day at school  Smiley And now i have some questions for you guys... Probadly stupied.

Facts:

R32 BUB Engine with all stock engine harness and sensors.
Golf mk1 car, no ABS, no Cat, no CAN-BUS, nu steering colum unit, no airbag, no IMMB, no nothing.

I want to know if I can make my R32 run without all these thing to communicate with, is it "just" a flash of the ECU and a rewrite of the map (I know it not "just" but trying to understand it) or does it need a CAN connection from something to function?

I believe the engine can run without following stuff as well:

SAI
EVAP
Exhaust flap
Clutch positioning
Brake positioning
Rear O2 sensor (Since no cat)

these things will also have to be deleted in the map.

I know is a big job to learn to do this, but I have alot of spare time and I believe I can use this knowledge, so i want to learn it. But if it is impossible to get it to work with the ME7, I will not try.

Can anyone tell me if i'm all wrong?

/Tommy

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 01:51:26 PM »

You don't need can but you do need an OBD-II connector with the k-line connected to the ECU

Not sure what you mean by "a rewrite of the map".

There are literally thousands of maps.

Incidentally, it is unlikely you'll get much gains from a N/A motor.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
hummel

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:43:20 AM »

Yes the OBD-II connector will be mounted in the car as well, i forgot to say that.

"A rewrite of the map" Was my way of saying that think i need to let the ECU know that all the other system aren't mounted, or can i just leave the CAN wires unplugged, the SAI unplugged, the EVAP unplugged etc. and then the ECU will still work like normal ?

I don't look for gains, but just a engine thats runs like it would in it original car.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 05:04:09 AM »

Grin
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:07:11 AM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:06:23 AM »

Youll need a immo offed eeprom first off if you plan on swapping the engine into a different car otherwise youll have a very heavy paper weight . If you want to remove the emissions related hardware youll need to figure out how to disable the emissions testing and how to code out the hardware that will be  removed. No the engine will NOT  run right without the emissions hardware coded out and hardware removed. Thats about all the help youre gunna get so best off start reading

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
hummel

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 05:51:32 AM »

thank you guys. I will look into it and start reading... 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: