Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brand new to tuning!  (Read 2542 times)
bigturbob5a4

« on: January 24, 2018, 12:17:13 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm brand new to tuning and I would really enjoy starting this as a hobby. I have a '99 AEB that I'm planning on doing a few mods to. Some call it stage 3 what are stages anyways. lol. So I've read a few FAQ threads and I' still very confused and, not going to lie, very intimidated.

I've downloaded the nefmoto flashing software and I want to start tuning but I have no idea where to go from here.

Mods:

Downpipe
Air filter
Turbo inlet pipe
Tubular manifold
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3" exhaust
93 octane

I was told I could tune myself to 220-280 to the wheels with these mods. I was then referred to this site and here I am.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Tyler
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:54:07 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=55.0

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm brand new to tuning and I would really enjoy starting this as a hobby. I have a '99 AEB that I'm planning on doing a few mods to. Some call it stage 3 what are stages anyways. lol. So I've read a few FAQ threads and I' still very confused and, not going to lie, very intimidated.

I've downloaded the nefmoto flashing software and I want to start tuning but I have no idea where to go from here.

Mods:

Downpipe
Air filter
Turbo inlet pipe
Tubular manifold
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
3" exhaust
93 octane

I was told I could tune myself to 220-280 to the wheels with these mods. I was then referred to this site and here I am.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Tyler
id hardly call that stage 3 more ao stage 1. youll never ever make anything close to 280 whp on the stock turbo. nefmoto doesnt work for your car nor does any other software on this forum. theres a few threads about m3.83 and m5.92 that would help you out all the stuff on this forum is for me7.1, me7.5 and me7.1.1. sense theres no high speed logging for your ecu youll need to use vcds to log. you wount be able to read the file off your car unless you hot air it off the board and read it with a chip burner. original files are floating around the interwebs and some are in this forum. ive also uploaded map packs for m3.83 and m5.92 so youll have somthing to look at providing you have winols if not youre boned. anyway good luck

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: