Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Before you shoot me ... (MED 9.1.1)  (Read 10313 times)
adam-

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 04:35:52 AM »

Woooops.
prj

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 08:08:50 AM »

I'd be very curious to see if the fuel consumption can in any way be reduced with the remap (even by a very small margin) ... what pjr wrote, regarding the cold start, the FSI engine takes some 10-15 seconds working on 1200 RPM when cold, before dropping to normal 650-700 RPMs ... if the ECU remap can at least impact this somehow, then why the hell not, it will already be worth the trouble ... if I was that worried about actual fuel economy, I wouldn't obtain a 260 HP car, right? This is more of an exploration of what can be achieved ... was also thinking about throttle pedals and such, this is much cheaper and unobtrusive in a physical sense

It can't be done end of.

Cat heating you can switch off, set minimum elevation factor to 4, done.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vborovic

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 08:24:01 AM »

Cat heating you can switch off, set minimum elevation factor to 4, done.

Thanks for the effort, but currently this sounds to me like you can send a man to the Mars, if you have an adequate rocket ... but, maybe I'll get to that part (the ECU, not the rocket) ... while you're at it, any drawbacks or long-term negative effects to cat heating off regarding the engine?
woj

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »

I am not entirely following, do you want to get comfortable with re-flashing your ECU, or get fuel consumption down (put aside what can or cannot be done here). If re-flashing - just rewrite the factory file first time round, that's what I did (in essence) to test my whole flashing setup, and trust me, for somebody that cautious (that you appear to me), this is going to be enough for the first time. If you want to experiment there is plenty of other stuff to play with, throttle response for example, much safer and totally neutral game than messing up fuel that should be left alone.
vborovic

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »

Just to reflash the ECU being comfortable doing it, the rest of the story naturally progressed, don't ask me how ... that's not even secondary at this time ... I'll try to do the write procedure after a drive with the car, and see what will happen
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 09:19:31 AM »

My suggestion: Start by adjusting rev limit downwards to something noticeable, test, then flash to stock.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: