Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hi, new here, got some B6 S4 ECU questions  (Read 2618 times)
terry.reese73

« on: May 17, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »

I have a spare ECU that has a bad flash on it. I have a stock file and a custom made file sitting on my laptop ready to go on it. not to familiar with using Nefmoto for flashing. should I put the stock file back on it before adding the custom file to it? also, what settings should I have my program on when I do this?

I also have the immobilzer removed on this already.

Thanks in Advance for answering my simple questions.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:14:20 AM by terry.reese73 » Logged
terry.reese73

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:03:18 AM »

I also have the VCDS cable and a different cable that we used to flash my stock tune to my normal ECU.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 10:04:54 AM »

There's no point in flashing stock.

If the ECU is busted enough that Nef can't flash it, you'll need bootmode anyway, and whatever is on the ECU doesn't matter.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
terry.reese73

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:36:51 AM »

ok, its not busted, just a bad tune file. I have a corrected one to replace it. Just dont feel like mailing it off to Canada, I have teh correct file on my laptop, just need to learn how to do this on my own for once.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: