Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BMW 550i ECU/TCU Remap wanted UK  (Read 489 times)
RBPE

« on: May 07, 2018, 04:47:32 AM »

Ideally need ecu and auto box remap (I'll check if cats removed), but just box would help for now - 2005, E60 550i Auto.

It's for a family member, been mapped apparently but smelling of fuel at idle and box being funny (unmapped box I think).

Your own/re-seller file, £££ waiting or if near Manchester UK with dyno, def and a bit of time let me know!

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:07:52 AM by RBPE » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 05:18:59 AM »

You have a tool to write the box?
Because the publicly available won't do pre-facelift.
aef

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:27:54 AM »

XHP flashtool should do the gearbox if its 550i N62B48O1 367HP
RBPE

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 10:52:08 AM »

I've not even remotely looked into it yet, I've only seen him/the car for 2 mins. I have tools, some of which will work but need to see what's what.

He bought it not long ago, gave me a lift the other day where it smelt of fuel on idle and the box wasn't acting right. He mentioned it had just had a remap with the exhaust work (de-cats I think but can double check though and get more details), but that's as much as I know at the mo. Not sure who did the mapping but will look into it, prob just a DAMOS pack file or something added I was thinking with the smell!

He's just on about getting the box done but I'm persuading him to check the map or start with oem and build it up but as it is needed to be done in one, could do with something ready made or bases if poss, even if it costs as it's used for work/daily.

Thanks for any info/help.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:53:49 AM by RBPE » Logged
prj

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 01:54:14 PM »

Use winkfp to flash ecu back to stock and remove cowboy tuning.

Box on a 2005 is most likely not flashable with XHP flashtool.
XHP flashtool only supports facelift.
RBPE

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 01:44:10 AM »

I'll look into that on the Bimmer forums, thanks.
RBPE

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 09:18:55 AM »

"As rare as rocking horse sh**!" is the term we use around here for the public info on these!

I've started playing with the N62 E63 files about trying to define them with various ME9 ones, but don't think I'm going to have time to do this for him unless I can sort a few things, 1st Beemer/I only do 7.5 and 711 really and being needed to get to work, time is a factor too!

I've been shopping around for him but all these "custom maps" seem to have the same figures as the ols re-seller file and a lot of ££ added and variances in prices, seems little info on box mapping too from them. Any of you done these before and can do a;

Remap (own/ols re-sale), box map to suit and mods for de-cat?

Alternatively anyone got a good def? PM with prices thanks.

I do like my 5 series though, nice looking cars!

rear by Rick B, on Flickr

front by Rick B, on Flickr
prj

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 10:10:53 AM »

Dude, there is no tool that will flash a tuned file into the box. So why are you looking for a box file?
What are you gonna use to write it?

There's nothing you are going to gain from this car. All those files you see on OLS reseller will make it run worse than stock.
Flash with with WinKFP, and you're done.
RBPE

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 01:38:58 PM »

Ah right, just had another look at that, my bad.

I'm used to read, define, tweak etc with DSG so only looked at the forum for 2 mins and thought I'd make a start seeing how difficult it would be and whether or not it's worth my time to start defining things before anything else, whilst I looked into his mapping options due to the time and variances in costs. Thought you were on about things like checksums and that for flashing ecu but the model is covered in my tools lists.

The only info I have so far was, "cat's were removed, had problems with lights on the dash because of that, tuner had it for a while and got rid of them but the box seems to be playing up, sometimes locks in 1st!" - so I've asked for what exactly was done and decided to make a start looking into the structure of it all in making a def file.

It was also his brothers car when all this was done so why info is sparse - I'll look at the ZB updates and that then before anything else, thanks for saving me some time!
prj

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »

If cats were removed, just run update through WinKFP to get rid of the previous mess then read the ECU with tool of your choice, and delete the DTC's.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: