Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question regarding MED9.1 and this whole thing about matching the immo/eeprom...  (Read 2571 times)
royce5950

Ok, so I have skimmed over the "preparing a spare MED9.1 ECU" thread a few times now and I am wondering if someone can clear something up for me.. is that thread referring SPECIFICALLY to situations where you are trying to adapt a "spare" ECU to your vehicle, like to use in case you brick your ECU or something..? Because I flashed my MED9.1 ECU recently via OBD using a MPPS v16 clone and I was flashing a tune I made using an original 115P.bin that was NOT read from my own ECU. my ECU is a 115P and the original file I used was indeed a 115P file, but I made no modification to the EEPROM or anything.. I experienced no issue.. so I assume thats because I used the ECU that is already adapted to my vehicle. So would I also be correct to assume that the only situation where eeprom modifications need to be made to an MED9.1 ECU to ensure that the vehicle will start after flashing, would be if you were trying to use a different ECU from the one that came stock in your vehicle?

I appreciate someone clearing this up.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
dsgwizz

If you are using mpps v16, you can re write the map of your own ecu , while not touching the immobiliser .

It will  flash data area only and it should work fine .

However if you are trying to run the other ecu in your car it wont start because of immobiliser .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: