Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 512Kb ECU Antilag - FTOMN 0 or 0.2?  (Read 9357 times)
ibizaCUPRA18t

« on: May 22, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »

Blew fuse twice in a row. A guy said put a bigger fuse... should I set FTOMN to 0 or 0.2?
gt-innovation

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:14:36 AM »

0.1 or 0.2 will work fine...

Next choice is to change the lc/nls algo.
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 04:02:22 PM »

0.1 or 0.2 will work fine...

Next choice is to change the lc/nls algo.

Just used 0.2 the cut is slower but no fuse/ecu dieing I am ok with it. Will try 0.1 tomorrow. These 512kb ECUs don't work well with ftomn on zero I guess. Happy I didnt put a bigger fuse I would've blown up the ecu. As to changing algorythm, not sure how to do that not a coder myself. Will stick to this method. Thanks!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »

As to changing algorythm, not sure how to do that not a coder myself.

You should not be adding antilag to your ECU, period.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
adam-

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 11:24:30 PM »

Or ever putting a bigger fuse in.
eliotroyano

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »

Or ever putting a bigger fuse in.

The problem is not a bigger fuse, we are over-stressing the ignition coils so later or sooner it will becomes bad. Then selecting a proper FTOMN will be nice to avoid fry coils so frequently.
bororobbo

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 12:11:13 AM »

You will kill your turbo lol, trust me, I’m replacing turbo just 6 weeks after adding it to my 512kb me7.5 ajq k03s. Had plenty of fun with it but it munched the thrust bearings and seals, removed turbo other day and plenty of in and out play, was lucky compressor wheel never shattered (what happened to last turbo and bye bye engine/intercooler). If you don’t mind replacing ko3s regularly (around 3-4 hours) I’d advise against it. If you have a forged engine and decent turbo you still need to learn how to modify the algorithm as said above to understand the function/s.
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 05:46:00 AM »

You will kill your turbo lol, trust me, I’m replacing turbo just 6 weeks after adding it to my 512kb me7.5 ajq k03s. Had plenty of fun with it but it munched the thrust bearings and seals, removed turbo other day and plenty of in and out play, was lucky compressor wheel never shattered (what happened to last turbo and bye bye engine/intercooler). If you don’t mind replacing ko3s regularly (around 3-4 hours) I’d advise against it. If you have a forged engine and decent turbo you still need to learn how to modify the algorithm as said above to understand the function/s.

Ok will be careful with it. Mine wasn't making too much boost though, but very violent bangs... I'm sure the pressure and heat of those bangs can easily rip the small compressor wheel.

bororobbo

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 01:53:20 AM »

Not gonna lie, I abused the fuck out of mine to see what damage could be done and how quick (was upgrading turbo anyway). Before I applied the function I checked all my hardware and everything was perfect turbo was sort of like new also. So after the seals blew I stripped turbo and engine to see what damage it caused, surprisingly no damage at all to the engine (pistons and rings, bores, head, valves, manifold) are all sound, I was expecting cooked exhaust valves because of the high egt this routine produces after hammering it. Turbo hot side housing was fine to, no cracks from what I could see. But the turbo it’s self....... was fucked, could pull wheels in and out about an inch
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 06:10:18 AM »

Not gonna lie, I abused the fuck out of mine to see what damage could be done and how quick (was upgrading turbo anyway). Before I applied the function I checked all my hardware and everything was perfect turbo was sort of like new also. So after the seals blew I stripped turbo and engine to see what damage it caused, surprisingly no damage at all to the engine (pistons and rings, bores, head, valves, manifold) are all sound, I was expecting cooked exhaust valves because of the high egt this routine produces after hammering it. Turbo hot side housing was fine to, no cracks from what I could see. But the turbo it’s self....... was fucked, could pull wheels in and out about an inch

Well I wanted to get a quick-pops version that creates boost. My version isn't creating boost at all. Just banging like an ak47 every 1 second and not spinning the turbo at all... Gotta find a way to get more consistent bangs really. FTOMN 0 would be great for that... but FTOMN 0 isn't working on a 512kb ecu that well. Its frying the fuses every time.
adam-

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 07:27:03 AM »

Do you REALLY need boost?
ibizaCUPRA18t

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »

Do you REALLY need boost?

Ur right... I don't. Its just a K03S anyways. Now need to figure out my boost problems first. Duty cycle is cutting to 50-60% (0.5bar boost) after I hit 1 bar and keep full throttle for more than 3 seconds...
Freddwood

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 02:48:14 AM »

When I try to change my FTOMN to 0.1 it won´t change after saving. Only 1,2,3 and so on works. Can´t find the error in my parameter info  Embarrassed
vwaudiguy

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 03:07:50 PM »

Have yet to see any 512 working well (or at all) on the public code.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Kompiesto

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2019, 01:32:44 AM »

To build boost should add ignition retard.

Sometimes only need to change/create "ignition cut" period.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: