Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Lean out upon cam advance?  (Read 19176 times)
jpurban

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2018, 09:10:02 AM »

Yeah I solved the cam leanout mostly through FKKVS as well on the dyno.

In retrospect, I think that is why Porsche has FKKVS and FKKVSNWS tables, unlike many other cars.  The Porsche tuners eventually realized -- even with well characterized, linear injectors -- that 2 tables were really needed to properly address the large differences caused by a 30 degree change in overlap.

I'm envious of the dyno.  It would be nice to be able to dyno and more easily/quickly cover a broader range, but I think I got a pretty good tune with street driving.  Trick was realizing RL had to be disabled, multiple tests were required and the data had to be carefully filtered/screened to minimize noise from street data.

Another key learning for me...  Because the EV14s are so linear (compared to the OEM Siemens DEKAs), I assumed I needed to set FKKVS to 1 and start over.  As part of this process, I realized a non-linear FKKVS doesn't mean the injectors are non-linear.  A lot, if not most, of the non-linearity in those tables are simply engine characteristics (varying efficiency, etc.).  So, starting with the stock values, scaled as appropriate, is a huge step forward versus starting from scratch.

Similarly, I currently use stock KFKHFM values even though I've changed the MAF to the RS6 from OEM.  I figure KFKHFM is really MAF housing characteristics -- not MAF.  So no need to alter it, if using the same housing.

This may not sound like a big deal, but my stock FKKVS and KFKHFM have variances across the table greater than 10%.  That is huge.  Not using stock as a starting point makes tuning much more difficult than it needs to be. 
prj

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2018, 09:38:59 AM »

I flattened the entire fkkvs and tuned it from scratch, but I could do it steady state...
Sorry for the one-liners, but I am quite busy and you are very verbose Cheesy

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: