Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8J Audi TT Modifying cluster warning messages  (Read 4180 times)
LexTTS

« on: June 04, 2018, 01:10:56 PM »

This is slightly odd request, but I am wondering if anyone has attempted to modify the messages in the instrument cluster.

My washer bottle has been almost exclusively used for my water meth injection and I get the warming message "Top up washer fluid" when it runs low. I was thinking it would be quite novel (mostly pointless) to change that to say something like "Top up meth".

So I managed to pull a dump with vagcancommander but obviously I don't think its stored in the eeprom (in ascii at least). Does this message come directly from a control module?

I know a lot of people have enabled "welcome" messages on older 3B0 clusters, but this is simply adjusting the values of a few addresses.
prj

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:39:03 PM »

You pulled eeprom, but there is also processor and stuff hardcoded into it.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
H2Deetoo

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 01:15:53 AM »

You need to read the internal flash (firmware) of your cluster's cpu.
In case of monochrome LCD displays the texts should be stored as ASCII and are easily identified (and changed).

Rgs H2Deetoo
adam-

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 01:22:42 AM »

I've built a homemade FIS display for logging with the help of Samuel.  You just hack it into that?
LexTTS

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 06:14:08 AM »

@H2Deeto Thanks a lot for that help, that definitely points me in the right direction. Do you know if this is readable with VagCanCom? Or would I need something like CarProg etc?

@Adam-, Ahhh, I have actually been on your "FISCuntrol" Git repo just the other day and have actually started piecing together that project. I'm looking forward to finishing it up on the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:20:05 AM by LexTTS » Logged
nkady

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 01:14:32 AM »

I've built a homemade FIS display for logging with the help of Samuel.  You just hack it into that?

hy, can you give us more information about this homemade FIS display Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: