Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Allroad 2,7T throttle cuts  (Read 8617 times)
BerQiL

« on: June 09, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »

Hello,
I am quite new here in the forum and already read some about software things... I am studying automotive engineering in geramany and I'm very interested in learning how to do my own software. I am 21 years old and quite new in the buisiness, so I dont have already the skills to do my own software - but I have a car which needs a software - so actually I got somebody who's doing my software for my 2002 A6 Allroad 2,7T ME7.1 .. This guy does is for low amount of money but I think he maybe isnt doing a very good job, also not the best source to learn it. I dont know the guy personally because he lives quite away - so I send him the logs and information he needs and he sends the updates to me - and he also needs often very much time to answer. So I'm right here and hope that somebody of you can help me because my software guy cant solve my problem. I have throttle cuts , especially in high gears.
hardware:
RS4 air mass meter
2.8 camshaft
RS4 turbochargers
 and pretty sure everything needed for the power... 550 jets, rs4 clutch, downpipes, big hoses, ....

for some weeks my software guy said that he thinks the cuts are caused by wrong air value - by a leak or sth else. Im quite sure that my system is 99% close (little leak in charged air coolers). I just logged some things like throttle valve and boost pressure and saw that my boost was like 200mbars above the specified - so I was sure its coming in to the treshhold and reduce it by the cuts. I remembered that the wastegates had a little bit much pretension when I revised the chargers - so I readjusted them and my pressure came defintely nearer to my specified. (now like +- 50-100mbars) But my throttle cuts didnt get any better.

to complete: I DON'T feel the cuts in low gears (its definitely in relation to the resistance for the acceleration - more cuts uphill). In 3rd gear f.ex. I feel it uphill with middle throttle (not at full throttle). in 4(often), 5, 6 I feel it at full and middle throttle - not at low throttle. I also hear the the charge air valves open every time at cuts. The cuts also begin to come as soon as the turbocharger begins to spool (like 2500rpm) - no cuts at all on lower revs.

I think this moment its everything I can tell about it. I know that you would need some more information to help me with it. Just tell me the logs or what else you need to analyse my problem - if you want to talk - just tell me what you think about it - I am defininetly interested in learning, I just dont have always enough time.
The software does this moment about 330g/s air mass flow and I am going to 480hp - just want to fix this problem first.

I attached my actual software. I didnt make out everything already but I hope you also can maybe tell me something about the quality of it Cheesy I just didnt understand some things like the delta pressure threshhold (seems like it is made about  1250mbars instead 200 (I remeber) Huh?)  I really would appreciate to be able to make my own software - and I think I would be able to do it if I had just some more knowhow (maybe you help me). So I already flash the software by myself - looked to everything in winols and tunerpro (some things I didnt make out but Im going to) and tried the checksum checker - the checksum corrector didnt work for me already (going to search the bug)

Thank you guys for reading my post - I hope my english is understandeable and you can help me - hopefully for some more good communication on nefmoto Smiley
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »

Would be a good idea to post some recent logs with the issue present.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
BerQiL

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »

Hey... Im going to do some more logs as soon as possible. The difficulty is that the cuts are quite fast and not shown very well with the logs. I attached some videos, for now, where you can see the cuts and also the behaviour at low gears and high gears high rpm. I try to send some useful logs in some hours.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 02:32:29 PM »

They'll show up fine if you don't use VCDS

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BerQiL

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 03:02:34 PM »

Hello..
Thank you guys for your attention.
Im just little fucked up right now - before some hours I wanted to take my car for driving home and doing the logs.. I came to my car and see the front of it laying down and recognized that the bellows of my air chassis just burst by just staying there. So my car is not at home right now and I need to repair it next weekend.
So I need to wait for the logs until next week.
Can you tell me whats better than VCDS? this moment I only got the tools to use this.

edit: So, Im going to bring up this thread next again. And dont care about my last post - I will send the videos with the logs, just forgot to attach them
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 03:04:53 PM by BerQiL » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »

So I need to wait for the logs until next week.
Can you tell me whats better than VCDS? this moment I only got the tools to use this.

Did you read any of the stickies before posting?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BerQiL

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 03:07:44 PM »

Did you read any of the stickies before posting?
Sorry my quick answer, just little bit stressed right now.. I already reviewed S4wiki and found the stuff
BerQiL

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »

Hello... I am quite late because of some organisation issues and working for university but its just going on, thats all.. and I know u guys dont wait for me haha Grin
Today I was just keep on going to get some useful logs but unfortunately I dont get it at all. I already have some 409.1 cable and just followed this guide ("http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/479416-****-Complete-Guide-on-How-to-Take-and-Graph-Logs-****") So I also used the download links in the guide instead the recommended one on m7wiki because I didnt find a gui for this (new version?) one. Of course, it looks like I am a noob  Grin - So I am thankful for moving me to the right section. I attached a screenshot of my cmd, I hope one of you guys can read something out of it and can help me with this.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 10:50:13 AM »

Don't use ME7L GUI, use visualME7L, as recommeded here, where you were told to read.
https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Logging_utilities

ECUx Plot

BerQiL

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 10:54:18 AM »

Do you have any instructions for me? I think I'm not already enough into programming. I don't know how to use it without and .exe
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 10:55:26 AM »

Do you have any instructions for me? I think I'm not already enough into programming. I don't know how to use it without and .exe

You can follow the rest of the guide, just use VisualME7L instead of ME7LGUI

ECUx Plot

BerQiL

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 11:14:29 AM »

Its not about the instructions using the program, more to get the program running well.. I found some attached .exe right here "http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4830.0" are those the right ones to use and do they fit on this pack "https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=visualme7logger" ?
BerQiL

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 07:33:46 AM »

A friend helped me with it, but I just become "Error! Exite Code:4 => Could not connect to Ecu, exiting" with the visualme7logger ... I mean its the same code, just another gui right?
BerQiL

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 04:34:16 AM »

Is there anyone having an idea why I dont get connection with the visualme7 to my ecu? I tried several settings already but have no idea where the problem is..
adam-

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 07:20:52 AM »

Disconnect the cluster fuse.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: