Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tuner Pro checksums  (Read 4154 times)
TurboRooster

« on: June 18, 2018, 07:56:20 AM »

Hi All!

Another Noob here so apologies if it's a silly question!

I've been making some progress learning the basics so far, and learning more every day thanks to all you good people!  Running a 2006 Octavia Mk2 2.0 TFSi

-Read my Original map with MPPS
-Sent off to a pro to Stage 1 tune it
-written the Stage 1 map back (MPPS) .. happy with results, but want to learn more and tweak further etc..
- Got WinOLS installed,  found a map pack file so have correct definitions labels etc, opened Original & Stage1 files with comparison enabled to see what's modded... all looks good and starting to see how it's done
- Used WinOLS to make some more small edits to the map, but then realized you can't export with the free version...  Sooo
- Loaded up Tuner Pro, opened the Stage 1 map, found the XDF file to match on that-- made the extra edits again on the map ... exported the .Bin file successfully.
- I think It's ready to write it to the ECU now, but as it's my first file a bit worried about the checksum part before I click the button!

So my question around Tuner Pro: 

If you open a .bin file in Tuner Pro, edit it, then save back to another .Bin file.. Is it just ready to write straight back to the ECU, or need extra checksum tool?

I cannot see anything to do with Checksums in Tuner Pro (But I did in WinOLS).  So great if it does it automatically - very grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 08:45:24 AM »

I cannot see anything to do with Checksums in Tuner Pro

Tunerpro supports dll based checksum plugins and custom cmd line based checksum corrections.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
woj

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »

Maybe a bit more precise answer: out of the box TP will not do anything about the checksum. You would need (a) a dll plug-in for your ECU, (b) plug-in aware XDF definition.

Without this - whether you can or cannot safely write the file very much depends on your flasher, some of them will tell you if you need to checksum the file, some will do it for you, some (I guess, I actually do not use commercial flashers) will silently flash them and brick the ECU. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: