Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: NefMoto ME7 Flashing Software Release 1.4.2.2 - UPDATED August 11  (Read 113576 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 10:41:18 PM »

I am trying to download the bin from my GIAC X chipped L box. However, I only get the results below. This is after about an hour with no progress. I had to use Task Manager to close the program. I say chipped because it actually has the chip soldered in. Am I doing something wrong or is it the chip that is preventing me from pulling the bin. I have also attached the log file, but I don't think it will help much. Any help will be much appreciated. I have a stock J box that I will try, but I wanted to compare the GIAC tune to the stock L box bin that I have. I am using the JHM (ebay) vag cable and running Windows Vista. I tried "Read Info" and "Read Flash" with the same results.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:44:16 PM by phila_dot » Logged
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 10:22:32 AM »

The log file doesn't seem to show anything, and it doesn't coincide with what is shown in the status window. Can you try running again, and then try to attach the log file one more time?

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »

I posted an update in my other thread, but I just wanted to say again that the NefMoto flasher is awesome. 
k0mpresd

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 09:23:14 PM »

I am trying to download the bin from my GIAC X chipped L box.

just remove the ecu and use boot mode. thats a pretty much guaranteed read.
k0mpresd

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »

i used this application today for the first time. first thing is thanks.  Smiley

i wanted to make 2 points though. well, 1 point and 1 question.

first point: several times the program would error when it was finished writing. as in, it would write 100% then say there was an error writing and disconnect. it did this several times. each time it flashed correct because the ecu would boot ok (dtc light came on) and the engine would start. the last time it did it i was away from the laptop and the last % on the screen was 94%, so i dont know if it made it to 100% but the car still started. im assuming it finished considering the chksum in the 2nd to last line of the file.

and then my question. when you select a file to flash, does it load this file in to a buffer or does it read directly from the file each time? what im trying to ask is, if i had a file on the desktop, example.bin, i select that file to flash and i flash the ecu. then i overwrite that file with a new file, still named example.bin, must i reselect the file because the old file is still in the buffer or will it read the new file i created? im assuming it loads the file in to buffer. im asking because i think i flashed the same file twice today. :p even though i had overwritten the old file with a new file.

again, thanks for all your work.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2010, 10:09:16 PM »

It loads the file to flash when you specify the file in the file open dialog, or when it loads the last used file when the program opens. Currently it does it this way so that it can validate the file against the memory layout to determine if it should let you flash the ECU. But I think I should change it based on your feed back, because it ends up being confusing like you experienced.

Can you attach a log file of the flashing process failing? The log file should be located in the Nefarious Motorsports directory in your Users AppData folder. Let me know if you have a problem finding it.

I will add more messages to indicate whether or not a flash write is expected to work even if it doesn't get to 100%. It seems strange that this would happen though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:13:54 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged

Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
k0mpresd

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2010, 10:43:06 PM »

i have a file to flash tomorrow (wont be the only one im sure). if i encounter any more of the write error messages i will attach the log file.

thanks for your support.  Smiley
pvl

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 03:46:55 AM »

Tony, i have some compatibility issues over here.

I've installed Win7-32bit freshly. Did some hardware-driver-installs to get
all hardware running on my HP-9010 laptop, and everything works. Then
i installed the driver for the FTDI-chip of my blue KKL interface, which came
with your driverpack that you'd advised to install.

Afterwards i installed the Nefmoto flasher, V1.4.1.1.
No problems. Started the software up, and it recognised my blue KKL-lead.

I have made a benchflash-cable and use this to read-out and program ME7.5 boxes and this one only has the K-line connected,
plus +12v and mass. It works with the KWP2000+ box and the Galleto-1260-interface.

The blue KKL-lead is tested, and works fine with vagcom 311.

i tried to read-out a ME7.5 box, and it could only read-out the boxnumber : 06A906032 HN

After installing some other programs, and doing a few windows updates, your
program doesn't want to start up anymore. Did some driver cleaning, uninstalling,
reinstalling the drivers, and the flasher, but it won't open-up the main-screen anymore.
Any suggestions ? i'd really hate it, if i have to install win-7 again... 

Greetings,

PvL
k0mpresd

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »

here is a log file. i did 1 read and a dozen or so writes today. only 2 errors i think. one crashed after only 8% or so. that was the last log. i had to take the ecu out and bootpin flash it. i cut the log file down to where it was just the last write that crashed, the file was 21mb.
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »

here is a log file. i did 1 read and a dozen or so writes today. only 2 errors i think. one crashed after only 8% or so. that was the last log. i had to take the ecu out and bootpin flash it. i cut the log file down to where it was just the last write that crashed, the file was 21mb.

The log file doesn't show anything going wrong, it just stops part way through writing one of the status messages. Did you cut anything off from the end of the file? What happened when the program stopped working?

Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2010, 09:33:11 PM »

After installing some other programs, and doing a few windows updates, your
program doesn't want to start up anymore. Did some driver cleaning, uninstalling,
reinstalling the drivers, and the flasher, but it won't open-up the main-screen anymore.
Any suggestions ? i'd really hate it, if i have to install win-7 again... 

As far as I know, you are the first person to test on an ME7.5. The log file just seems to end abruptly, was there any more to the log that what you posted?

As long as you have .NET 3.5 installed, the program should run. If you install something like WinICE that is a kernel mode debugger, or try to attach a debugger to the program, then it will not run. That is all I can think of off the top of my head. I will try to add some more logging to the program startup that could help us track this down.

pvl

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »

Hi Tony,

Well, i think i'm aside k0mpresd and Argdub the ones which are testing the ME7.5 boxes, and reporting back on the forum
for the moment.

Argdub has tested many : http://nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php?title=NefMoto_ECU_Flashing_Software
(audi TT and the golf bora jetta ones)

k0mpresd  has tested the 4B0906018CH box

I noticed Microsoft offered me 2x a update on the .net thing. 3.5.1. Which is not removeable after installing b.t.w. (nice job microsoft).
I therefore re-installed completely win-7-32bit Ultimate, but withouth the update on the .net-thing, and the flasher is running again !

Need to test a bit more, but people be carefull in updateing the .net thing. It could render the flash-tool non-startable.

Greetings,

Pascal
lulu2003

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »

I noticed Microsoft offered me 2x a update on the .net thing. 3.5.1. Which is not removeable

tell me exactly what update you mean and I can help you telling howto uninstall.
if you mean Version 3.5 SP1 of the .NET Framework, it is already shipped with Windows 7....?
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2010, 04:14:02 PM »

Well, i think i'm aside k0mpresd and Argdub the ones which are testing the ME7.5 boxes, and reporting back on the forum
for the moment.

You're right, my brain wasn't working last night.

I noticed Microsoft offered me 2x a update on the .net thing. 3.5.1. Which is not removeable after installing b.t.w. (nice job microsoft).
I therefore re-installed completely win-7-32bit Ultimate, but withouth the update on the .net-thing, and the flasher is running again !

I tried installing those two updates on my Win-7-64bit Enterprise machine at the office, and I could still run the NefMoto flasher. I will test those two updates tonight on my Win-7-32bit Ultimate machine at home.

k0mpresd

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »

The log file doesn't show anything going wrong, it just stops part way through writing one of the status messages. Did you cut anything off from the end of the file? What happened when the program stopped working?

nope. didnt touch a thing. it just stopped flashing.

btw, any plans for a linux based flasher? my macbook is the only laptop i have with a good battery and i run ubuntu linux on it via bootcamp. id love to be able to flash from that. ive been using my wifes laptop and it lasts a whopping 30 minutes on the battery.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: