Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IAW 4HV boot mode problem  (Read 7295 times)
sup

« on: July 06, 2018, 09:52:44 AM »

Hi,

does anybody know how to enable boot mode in a Magneti Marelli IAW 4HV ecu?
For some reason i cant get boot mode to work, i tried o lot of possible variants.
I found 3 different pictures on how to activate boot mode:

And one which is exactly like the second picture but the 100ohm resistance on the right is 680ohm resistance.
Ive tried all 3 Versions, but Galletto always tells me i need to activate boot mode. It makes no difference if the cable is connected on the galletto or even the ecu.
I always get the same error msg, so im not sure if it might be a galletto problem.

Just to make sure, the green cable is K-Line right? Thats what the internet told me.
I hope its ok to ask about other things than nefmoto on here, any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for reading.
woj

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »

Don't know which cable is which on the Galetto, also never had problems with boot moding IAWs, hence probably the question to ask is: are connecting the boot pins before you power up the ECU? The second one is: are you sure the ECU is alive? I fried at least one of them "by mistake" :/
sup

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 12:27:23 PM »

Thanks for answering!

Yes, i do connect the pins when the ecu is turned off.
I tried all 3 variations with measuring tips first but it didnt work. -> Galletto says ecu must be put in boot mode
After that i soldered the resistors because i wasnt sure if they got good connection with the measuring tips. -> same error sadly
Then i was thinking the same thing you did and put it back in the car, car starts but turns off because of immo.
Can id ecu via galletto obd but cant read/write because of key error.
So i guessed it was still alive after that.

Is it possible that all 3 variants enable boot? Is it a usual thing to have more than 1 way to enter boot mode?
sup

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 12:03:33 AM »

Ok, i got it to work.

For everyone interested, this is a working pinout for Magneti Marelli IAW 4HV.k VAG with EEPROM ST 95320:

I got 3 files after reading the ecu, one without any file ending, one with *.MPC and one *.EPR.
So i guess *.EPR is the eeprom, but why are there 2 more files? As far as i understand there is only flash memory and eeprom on the ecu, so why 3 files?
As i learned from my research there is no immo off solution for this ecu, can anybody confirm this?
So the only way would be a virgin dump, if i understood correctly.
Does anybody have a virgin file for this ecu?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: