Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7.1.1. 022906032CB read/write Eeprom fault/bricked ECU?  (Read 6823 times)
tjoening

« on: July 23, 2018, 04:31:57 AM »

Hello Guys,

I`m lost with this ECU please give me some advice to recover this ECU.

The ECU i`m trying to modify is a ME7.1.1. 022906032CB ecu 40Mhz from Audi A3 R32 in benchmode. The engine in built in to an VW MK1 so I need to remove some faultcodes and the immo.
I started with reading the 95P08 Eeprom but it took me several times, after I searched the forum and I found that I need to remove the "000" resistor I finally got it into bootmode with pin 24 and I managed to read out the Eeprom with this command:

ME7EEPROM --bootmode 95P08 CSpin P6.3 -rp3 file.bin

afterwards I left the power switched on so I could write the changed file back within a few minutes.
But when I tried to write it back with ME7GUI and argdub tool ME7EEprom 1.40 it says no communication!!

Tried to get it into bootmode the second time. But afterwards no communication possible anymore!! Huh

I tried a lot of things;
Removed Eeprom with hot air gun and soldered it onto another board and then i can read it! the data is the same as read out with ME7EEPROM data. so that`s good and eeprom is working!
soldered resistor back on, to see if I can connect with VCDS again( but it doesn`t find the ecu. I noticed earlier in the process that when resistor is removed you can`t connect with vcds.)
I`t looks like the ECU is hanging in bootmode or it`s bricked

At the moment I`m lost what could be wrong, I have nice Bench harnass with original me7 plug and OBD contra plug so no change off fault connections. wired all 3 pins 3,21,62 with 12+V through 0ne switch so all power-up the same time. I use blue KKL cable, but i tried other me7.5 ecu`s and they can be read out without problems. tried kess and nefmoto also but all no communication

So I think ME7.1.1. is bricked or hanging in bootmode!, but If it`s bricked what`s most lickely the problem that needs to be replaced to get it going?
I`m about the remove the AM29F800BB to try to read it from a different board to see if the data is changed and or the chip is working!

I have no clue what i`m doing wrong, Please need some advice from the experts on here?
elewsader

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »

I`t looks like the ECU is hanging in bootmode or it`s bricked

If it's hanging in bootmode wouldn't Galetto be able to see it?

2003 Audi A4 1.8MTQ
gt-innovation

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:22:43 AM »

I have no clue what i`m doing wrong, Please need some advice from the experts on here?

1.Get ktag
2.Get a good flash + eeprom pair (mpc too if needed)
3.Immo off eeprom
4.Write through ktag

I have enough 032cb files to provide you with.
tjoening

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »

1.Get ktag
2.Get a good flash + eeprom pair (mpc too if needed)
3.Immo off eeprom
4.Write through ktag

I have enough 032cb files to provide you with.

Thanks for the reply! been on holiday so the "fighting" starts again from today.
Please can you send me the original files for Eeprom and Flash for the 032CB, I would be very pleased with these files.
Then I`m 100% sure these are correct.

at #2 do you mean new flash and new Eeprom or matching software? and what do you mean by "mpc"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gr,

Martijn.
ktm733

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 11:18:34 AM »

No one posted the file? Anyone have this stock file?
b16a

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 03:48:18 AM »

here you are

R32Dude

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 05:51:47 AM »

Expert I am not, but grounding pin 24 to ground is actually a bad way to do it. That pin changes mode shortly after boot and data appears on it. If its still shorted to ground it wont boot properly into any mode.
The proper resistor on the st10/c167 sheet is specified as around 8k ohms, but even down to 1k seems to work.
You keep it there after boot, no need to remove it unless you want proper boot.
Unless any other pull up resistors on the board are removed first (check with multimeter) on pin 24, this method may not work. The resistor needs to pull the voltage down enough near to ground.
The 000 resistor might be the only one you need to remove, I'm not familiar with the earlier version like yours but it is the more common one around.
Also, you need to reboot into bootmode again after reading the eeprom.
on a 7.1.1 you may get an error when it reads it back after writing, but it does actually work.
good luck

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: