Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Golf MK2 Speed signal after swap 2.8 vr6 24v  (Read 10688 times)
woj

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 12:11:16 PM »

All (?) ME7 have digital VSS input on dedicated pin.
Using that VSS input is only a matter of configuration, never seen it any other way yet.
It can take the signal from ABS CAN, from Kombi CAN or from dedicated wire.

I do not mean to scale my singular experience to your generally quantified ME knowledge Wink but I looked into this in detail for ME7.9.10 at some point. All stands as you say, and I found all the configuration bits I needed, the VSS pulse signal interrupt was there in the code, two different ways to get speed from CAN, everything. Only that the VSS signal through the pin did not work, the connection path for the pin on the board was missing the required components. I found it weird and went the CAN path for my purpose. There is always a chance I was looking at wrong paths on the board and I should recheck it perhaps, but now that I have the original problem solved I can't be bothered. Just saying...
terok

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 05:22:17 AM »

Do you know what the ECU is using vehicle speed for?  For DSG, could you not use engine speed * gear ratio calculation and make an approximation with speed gradient during shifts?

Only cruise control comes to mind.
Gear ratio calc is exactly what i did after my GPS-antenna died. I'm only using it for speedo though, not accurate enough yet for other stuff (during gear change it's a bit wonky right now). Also you need to adapt for tyre size, if they differ from original vehicle. Like in my car, true speed is quite different from what DSG expects it to be.
prj

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 04:08:36 PM »

I do not mean to scale my singular experience to your generally quantified ME knowledge Wink but I looked into this in detail for ME7.9.10 at some point. All stands as you say, and I found all the configuration bits I needed, the VSS pulse signal interrupt was there in the code, two different ways to get speed from CAN, everything. Only that the VSS signal through the pin did not work, the connection path for the pin on the board was missing the required components. I found it weird and went the CAN path for my purpose. There is always a chance I was looking at wrong paths on the board and I should recheck it perhaps, but now that I have the original problem solved I can't be bothered. Just saying...
I am talking about VAG ME7 here. Go away with your Italian stuff :p

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
massacra

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 05:34:53 AM »

mfa / cruse control equipped mk2 have a vss output from the cluster

After few months i already did that.
This is the simplest way.

Thanks for answers and tips. (This one with kadett speed sensor is interesting if u can't get any Clusters with VSS output)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: