Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to do when ECU went into Fail Safe Mode?  (Read 6873 times)
kw230

« on: July 24, 2010, 03:09:39 AM »

Tried to use NefMoto 1.3.3.1 to Read the ECU the first time, Reading went no problem for two attempt.

But when flashing, it went failed about 15% of progress, then car cannot start and it shows "THIS-IS-THE-RAM-PROGRAM" in the next attempts, what should I do now?

kw230

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:58:19 AM »

Everything is ok now, I disconnect the battery for 5 mins and the ECU was opened for flashing again, tried 4 more attempt and sometimes the flashing failed at 30%, 49%... and the last tried was completed at 100%.

Car start after flashing new bin. file, great!

But i've no clue of why it went failed when flashing, it may due to my power supply not stable enough... I was using my E90 as a power station  Grin

Great tools!
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:41:23 PM »

As long as you can connect, you can always keep trying to reflash.

The NefMoto software erases and programs one sector at a time to make it possible for the ECU to recover in case of error.

Other software that erases and flashes the entire ECU in one pass can kill the ECU if there is an error.

Can you send me the log file that shows your failed flashing attempts?

The log file should be in your users AppData directory, and then in a Nefarious Motorsports sub directory.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: